Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still waiting for BTEA Book Allowance :(

Options
  • 07-10-2010 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Should I have it by now? 4 matures I'm on the same course as received theirs nearly 3 weeks ago , should I just be patient or is it worth speaking to my local SW office about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

I haven't gotten mine either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

nor mine! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

nor mine! :(

I asked about it last week in the Social Welfare Office, in Cork, and they said it won't be paid out for a while yet. Said they're still processing all of the new claims and once that's done they'll pay out the book allowance. It'll probably be another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think every sw office pay it differently

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement