Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIPTU thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Oh great, now i get banned from the forum for raising this point :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    can moderators see this thread

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68380068&postcount=7

my earlier thread on the same subject was closed and called "union bashing" when as more news is coming out now, union members were involved in waste and corruption and the whole thing has a Gardai investigation into it now

The thread was closed because it consisted of a completely inadequate OP:
    on RTE news there about HSE and SIPTU

shocking stuff altogether, nice to see the unions helping themselves at the pig trough

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1005/hse.html

That's not political comment, it's frankly flame bait plus a link, and completely under the bar as far as OP quality is concerned.

That's why the thread started after yours is still there, and yours is not - because the OP of that thread managed more than a rude and inflammatory one-liner as his thoughts on the subject. The subject matter of the thread is utterly irrelevant - the forum charter is clear on the matter of inadequate OPs.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Oh great, now i get banned from the forum for raising this point :rolleyes:

Raising it, indeed, repeatedly on the thread which replaced yours on the same topic, contrary to the forum charter.

The forum charter applies to you just as it does to everybody else - don't argue about moderation decisions on thread. Particularly not when you've already opened a Help Desk thread on the issue.

To be frank, the one day ban is lenient - but if you're not prepared to follow the charter, then subsequent bans will be progressively longer. If you want to change the charter, argue for that on Feedback, or in the "Discussion of the rules" thread in the forum itself.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This really should be in the Dispute Resolution forum, but as the ban is only for a day I see little point in moving it as the ban will have expired before the process is completed.

Advertisement