Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone or Anywhere in Galway CC that fixes Red Ring Of Death

• 07-10-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Galway CC or anyone even that can fix a RROD on xbox and how much it is? Slight time constraint though as I will be in Galway this Saturday for the Jizzlord Beers so only getting down around 1ish and have to travel back to Donegal around one on the Sunday again. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Red Ring Of Death, sound like something a homosexual might get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

danniemcq wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Galway CC or anyone even that can fix a RROD on xbox?
    I don't think the County Council do that any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sigh i'd laugh if this wasn't such a serious matter, i have so many games to finish and RL is depressing =(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

hit up you tube son and fix it yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah thinking thats what i'm gonna have to do it's awkward though with no BB at home (been waiting since July for it) but should be sorted within a week or so, trying to get it sorted before that though cause need my gaming fix and need to practice for a (not so)friendly tournement with friends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a thread in the Xbox forum with people offering their services, cant get you a link now because Im on a phone but my advice is to bite the bullet and get a new one because any fix is only temporary no matter how well done, I think the only guy in Galway used to just flash them and he moved to Athlone anyway because I wanted to get one done the other day. Go down through the last couple of days on the Bargain Alerts forum, I remember seeing a very cheap 360 I think it was in Argos, they're offloading the old ones now that the slimline models are here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Also there's a deal on amazon.co.uk at the moment with the new XBOX slim and FIFA 11 for 166 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was the one ^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since we have a Xbox forum I'm moving this over there.
    Apparently MS can fix it under 5 year warranty (not sure on this), did you ring them?

Advertisement