Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cap2 SFMA repeat 2010

• 07-10-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

This may be a bit selfish but just wanted to see how people found the SFMA repeat yesterday as i really struggled with the paper and don't know anyone else who sat it...

I put in alot of time to this subject and thought i was well prepared but there was nothing there to give the examiner the impression that i had done anything at all.

I found the questions required quite a bit of waffle and so ended up with less than an hour to do the 2 optional questions. That transfer pricing question was probably manageable but it had too much information to get through in the time i had left.

Was anyone else thrown by the NPV question? I hadn't looked at that at all since Cap1 as presumed it wouldn't be there.

I got 46 in the summer paper and was much better prepared this time round but think i did worse.. Quite depressing altogether..

Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

yeah its frustrating = very frustrating. wasnt as bad as the summer paper but was tough alright.

i know its hateful but u just got to put it out of your head. i had the $hitest summer in years (ever?) because i was so raged out about the amount of effort i put into the summer exams with sweet fa to show for it. i knew straight after all 4 exams i had failed them. theres a bit of luck about what u might have had a chance to look over recently before the exam etc. and whether it comes up. so some people will be lucky = others unlucky. u just gotta struggle onwards

some people who thought they had failed actually passed so again - put it out of your head as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Did the 1st 3 repeats myself. thought SFMA was tough. like you said, the amount of waffle required is unreal. I got the whole paper done, only because I strictly stuck to the time per question, but that ment for eg, only putting 3 out of 4 point down and moving on. Overall I think it has a bit of a balancing effect. I dont know anyone that has said they couldnt do with a bit more time.

Interestingly in FR today, the 5 marker on directors loans (theory bit) was the exact same question from an old Acca Paper, luckily I had it in front of me.

Sure theres no point in worrying now, that can be done in november

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rums08

bazzer86 wrote: »
    Did the 1st 3 repeats myself. thought SFMA was tough. like you said, the amount of waffle required is unreal. I got the whole paper done, only because I strictly stuck to the time per question, but that ment for eg, only putting 3 out of 4 point down and moving on. Overall I think it has a bit of a balancing effect. I dont know anyone that has said they couldnt do with a bit more time.

Interestingly in FR today, the 5 marker on directors loans (theory bit) was the exact same question from an old Acca Paper, luckily I had it in front of me.

Sure theres no point in worrying now, that can be done in november

Its amazing you said that about the ACCA paper - I did not do anything for FR today as I had previously decided to concentrate only on two out of four for this time - and I had the ACCA FR book with me - and lo! was able to answer so much from it.....Will keep in mind to prepare from ACCA papers for FR for next summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

the examiner who got sacked wrote the text book for FR didnt he?

Advertisement