Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reversing High Contrast mode on Win 7

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Ok so my friend told me to press alt+shift+prntscrn...et voila it went into contrast mode.

Now if I press it again it wont change back to normal,which it should. This is on my college computer account which has no admin rights, not even right click on the desktop. I can't access control panel or anything.

so is there anyway to bypass these restrictions say in CMD to reverse the high contrast because so far the only other option is to delete my account and make a new one but thats too much hassle.

does anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ALT + LEFT SHIFT + PRINT SCREEN should do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

Like I said, pressing it again doesn't work. Any normal method of changing it through a keyboard shortcut or the GUI does not work

That is the keyboard shortcut AFAIK. You sure you did LEFT shift? That's important as the right shift key won't do it.

Just tried it on a Windows 7 machine and it worked.. though it did bring up a dialog (so maybe your lack of administrative rights is why it didn't show up).

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

Yep left shift. doesn't work. no dialog box or anything. I'm in a computing course...irony. haha

I'd say you're stuck so buddy!

Only other way AFAIK involves right-clicking on the Desktop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finastix

I found a solution that helped me, and hopefully helps you. I ran into this same issue and went looking for a way to reverse the effects. I know this reply is a year after you originally posted, but I figured I'd post my solution since there hasn't been a successful posted solution.

I went to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Personalization then tried the Windows7 Theme. Changed it back to what I had before. Granted I had a different desktop picture, but the fonts and buttons went back to normal. I hope this helps, and even if you solved your issue already, I might think someone in the future running into this problem can use this solution.

Advertisement