Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Stats Reset

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A quick note to inform you about a server-side deployment for FIFA 11 on Xbox 360 and PS3. The deployment has just gone live.

The first thing you will have noticed is that individual leaderboards have been reset. This is because the FIFA team have fixed the flag exploit that some were using to gain an unfair advantage in the rankings. The playing field is now level again.

Today's deployment has also improved general server stability and improved matchmaking in Clubs.

The team is still hard at work on further enhancements and fixes, though, and we'll report back on that soon. Stay tuned!

All stats have been reset due to the usual suspects exploiting bugs in the game (Flag Exploit).

Fair play to EA for fixing it though unlike last season :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Feel sorry for anyone who had a good record but this is grand for me. Two 4-0 losses and 3 men sent off. Stat reset is a good thing for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

thewools wrote: »
    All stats have been reset due to the usual suspects exploiting bugs in the game (Flag Exploit).

Fair play to EA for fixing it though unlike last season :)

Well there goes my nice little record!:mad: Ah no its good to see EA tackling these problems with cheaters!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its good that the cheaters wont be ruining the leaderboard, but its awful for honest players who had done really well. It doesnt bother me as my record of 5 wins and 1 draw from 6 games is easily recoverable, but EA made a boo boo and some honest players are getting punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was holding fire on playing any pro ranked matches until the random disconnects, latency & lag problems were sorted. I'm personally not bothered about leaderboards as they generally mean f*ck all, although its nice to know that "flag glitchers" won't get away with it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I was doing rather well myself ;) Played only a little over 20 games online and was building momentum :p

But I feel sorry for ppl for played 50+ games honestly and were doing well. Aw well!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

FFS :mad: - was up to 126th in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

raheny red wrote: »

Same for everyone mate.. I was top 10 in the manual ranking. It il stop all those cheating ****ers which can only be a good thing

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Doesn't bother me this as I've been focusing entirely on my VP. Was planning to hit 85 overall and then focusing on 1vs1's anyway.

Sorry to all those who were doing well in the rankings, I'd be quite annoyed to put it lightly.

How can one check custom ranking tables like Irish, manual etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ah fcuk it anyways, played 10, won 9 and drew 1. :(
    Fcuking cheaters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I was on a 12 game streak. :(

Was playing my first match since they were reset there and it was nil all and I just got a player sent off, then the guy quit straight away.
    I text him saying why did you quit, and he sent me back a ;) saying look out for the name.

This better not be another glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

That sucks. I played 1 and lost 1, now I have to start all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

what was the 'flag glitch' about?

haven't bothered to play online due to the constant disconnections!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Seperate wrote: »
    what was the 'flag glitch' about?

haven't bothered to play online due to the constant disconnections!

If you set your country to be some remote island countries you get ~double points when you win, and even points when you lose, so you get boosted up the leaderboards.

We were flicking through the leaderboards about 3 days ago (through boredom while waiting for people to come online for clubs), and we were wondering why you had people from places like Saints Kitts & Nevis all over the leaderboards. I did find it odd why there was a lack of UK/American/French/German....

Cheatin' bastards, you'd want to be pretty f*cking sad to take pride in getting your name on some pointless leaderboard by cheating, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Argh. Won games against Inter, Man U and Chelsea so far as Wolves, then stats got reset. Lost 3 games today including 5 - 0 v Spurs :/

Still a positive thing overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Argh I'm probably worst hit on the ranking side of things. Had no work for the most part this week so played loads of FIFA. Was 5th in Ireland 49 wins 16 losses. Booo.

Still if it fixes the cheats and severs it's all good. At least il get a few easy games in on FIFA again. The higher ranked matches are tough!

Hope they've fixed the lag on the servers in clubs.
    Different users getting it at different times.
    Nearly a week now and i've only had about 2-3 decent games in clubs.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Finally the flag glitch is now a thing of the past, although I was on a winning streak before the reset.

Look at the English guy ranked 2nd in the World now lads.
    Played 14 won 14, check his opponents and what team he's used :rolleyes:
    Then Check if his opponents have played any more matches after losing to him 2 or 3 times.

2 ps3's anyone? :(.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Look at the English guy ranked 2nd in the World now lads.
    Played 14 won 14, check his opponents and what team he's used :rolleyes:
    Then Check if his opponents have played any more matches after losing to him 2 or 3 times.

2 ps3's anyone? :(.

Nothing you can do against these type of boosters really! Some ppl are ReTaRdED and love wasting their time boosting their stats. Let them...

However I love catching boosters in Free For All in COD MW2; its almost a hobby of mine!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Lamposts wrote: »
    I was on a 12 game streak. :(

Win streak unaffected. I was on 6 before the reset. Won my first game after the reset and my highest streak in now 7.

Win streak unaffected. I was on 6 before the reset. Won my first game after the reset and my highest streak in now 7.

That didn't happen to me :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'm only able to play fifa at the weekends, but I'm just wondering is there a 'My country' lobby like there used to be in other fifas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

My stats were average enough seeing as I played most of my games against higher ranked guys anyway. Had about 8 wins, 3 draws and 9 losses or something like that.
    Finical wrote: »
    I'm only able to play fifa at the weekends, but I'm just wondering is there a 'My country' lobby like there used to be in other fifas?

Yes there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ugh, went 0-2 on this really annoying guy when I went back on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Damn, there goes my 100% record.

Granted I only played one game online. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Damn, there goes my 100% record.

Granted I only played one game online. :D
    From 100% to 0% gutted for you. ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

joe123 wrote: »
    Argh I'm probably worst hit on the ranking side of things. Had no work for the most part this week so played loads of FIFA. Was 5th in Ireland 49 wins 16 losses. Booo.

Still if it fixes the cheats and severs it's all good. At least il get a few easy games in on FIFA again. The higher ranked matches are tough!

i would say 1st to 4th in Ireland were worse affected :)

good that the system is sorted, must start lubing up my pro for clubs!!

• Advertisement

Balls.... i was in the top 300 in the world and 4th in ireland :mad:, although your man in first was a noob hunter(average opponent level of 3-4) and had nearly 50 games played more so i wasn't going to catch him any time soon :)

Advertisement