Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed debate with Paul Gogarty on Politics board

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When Frontline is forgotten next week, we'll still be here, searchable by Google and on record forever.... :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I would be happy to debate with anyone on my love of and right to hunt/shoot/fish. However, my home is too far from an exchange for landline broadband and my dongle will give me only dial-up speeds ............ So much for Govt. promises and the 'New Smart Technology" generation.:rolleyes:
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Just so folks remember, this is happening today:
    http://bit.ly/boardsdebate

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Unstickying as this is now just about completed.
    There was one response on hunting stuff but I didn't think very much of it if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A reward for Gormless??Certainly!
    Lets all chip in for a new BIKE for him.That he may get on it and cycle off into the sunset with his party of idiots after the next election,never to be seen or blight Irish political life again.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I read alot (not all) of the questions posed to the TD. Most were responded to with non answers, vagueness, towing the party line, and my personal favourite " thats the way things were, we could not change them", as per his response when questioned on the absurb wages, golden handshake and pension of "Mr" Neary.

He tried playing the sympathy card of how the Greens were being sectioned out as a distraction technique by FF, and to some extent i agree there, but if someone were making a fool of any of us we would simply not associate with them. Now i know in politics its not quite that simple, but yet they (Greens) still support FF to get policies into place irrespective of the reprecussions or consequences.

Anyway as this is not a political forum, well done Sparks on a well worded and precise question and rebutal. Very well put. Its a pity he side stepped the issue and tried the "victiim" route rather than simply answer the question.

For all the "hype" around the debate i think we are no more informed now than before Mr Gogarty began his responses. Just my opinion.

Grizzly 45 wrote:
    ........ cycle off into the sunset ............

Followed by a Garda on €55,000+ p/a and a car following him worth €100,000+. Expensive bike. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

ezridax wrote: »
    I read alot (not all) of the questions posed to the TD. Most were responded to with non answers, vagueness, towing the party line

That's no surprise to me. I figured as much before the thing started. I don't understand how people thought it would be any different. Whether in front of TV cameras, radio mic's, public meetings or on boards.ie they've always got their game face on and the party line at hand.

As I said, the mice don't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am not surprised that Mr Gogarty didn't reply on the Salmon.
    It is hard to defend the kind of indefensible inaction that the Green Party have pursued since in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

He turned up, that's about all. Not surprised by his contribution, nor disappointed as I did not expect much anyway.

He is an ambitious little g#t, prepared to go to lengths to get some PR, e.g. baying at Stagg, particularly as he is launching his campaign for the Lord Mayoralty! Looking forward to seeing him getting his comeuppance!:D:D

As his Boards participation clearly was a PR precursor to his latest LM antic and he ignored anything to do with hunting (excluding the dismissive swipe at 'rogue elements') might I suggest that this is now more suited to the Politics Board and be closed/removed/binned?
    Thanks,
    P.

Advertisement