Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is the best netbook to get?

• 07-10-2010 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey all,

I'm trying to research the best netbook to buy for travelling to Oz next month.
    I want a decent netbook because I'll be using it most days. I will be working off it while I travel. I don't need a good graphics card but I am hoping to get a decent Netbook spec otherwise.
    So far, I have come up with the Samsung N210. But, I am still not fully sure.
    Could anybody point me in the right direction? Many thanks to anyone who helps?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Asus have a good reputation for reliability, if I seen a good offer from them I would take it. The other brands are more or less the same. Try and get a model with 2GB of RAM if you can, anything less and I would recommend you use Windows XP or Linux as the OS, you need 2GB for decent performance for Windows 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Are you stopping off anywhere on the way over like Singapore or Hong Kong? The problem with buying netbooks in Ireland is that it takes a long time for new netbooks to reach us so were stuck paying the same price for old netbooks as people in central europe/US would pay for new netbooks. Take for example the Asus EEE 1201n which is €478.60 here but for the almost the same price you could have the updated version Asus EEE 1210n which has far superior performance.

Anyway I'm probably going into too much detail, the Samsung N210 should be fine for general stuff like web browsing, looking at photos etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ASUS's EEEPC range are good budget options. I have an older one. Dad has an NC10(Disc.) and I have to say I am jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I have a samsung N140 for over a year now. Great little machine with an amazing battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Dad has an NC10(Disc.) and I have to say I am jealous.

I'm looking for a netbook too and discovered that the NC10(plus) is back.

The spec is about much the same as the N210 but it has bluetooth 3 and up to 13.8hrs battery which is the best I've seen. Hard to find though and no reviews that I can see. It's available on Dabs

http://www.dabs.ie/products/samsung-nc10--atom-n450---1gb-ram---250gb-hdd---10-1
    netbook-win7-starter---up-to-14-hr-battery-72RS.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deanomcd

thanks for the advice guys. it seems that the asus is one of the better ones to get.

Advertisement