Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER Rating

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Has anyone else got a BER assessment in Charlesland? We've recently got cavity wall insulation installed and scored a B3 after the works.
    What sort of ratings are 2-beds in Charlesland getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

is b 3 good? How much did it cost? Are there grants available?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Thats what I was wondering. Its up near the top of the scale so I think its fairly good. Thats after a bit of work though cause our insulation was a disgrace.

We got the insulation and upgraded heating controls done recently and most of its been covered by the SEAI grant scheme:
    http://www.seai.ie/Grants/Home_Energy_Saving_Scheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Thats what I was wondering. Its up near the top of the scale so I think its fairly good. Thats after a bit of work though cause our insulation was a disgrace.

We got the insulation and upgraded heating controls done recently and most of its been covered by the SEAI grant scheme:
    Home Energy Saving Scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

b3 is a decent enough rating.

Particularly for a retrofit, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

think ours was C3 when we sold the place last year - 3 bed mid-terrace in the Grove.

• Advertisement
Advertisement