Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE sponsorship for nursing

Options
  • 07-10-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,
    Im hoping to try do nursing next year as mature student. i am currently employed in hse run organisation so am hoping to get sponsorship. does anybody know anything about this processes? I am aware you have to do apptitude test any body know how i can prepare for this? any help would be really appreciated!!! Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hi, why dont you try rollercoaster.ie so go into "discussions" and then into adult education they have a specific thread for applying as a mature student for nursing,

it was great help last year to me when i applied. im now doing psychiatric nursing and i love it, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eireann11

This BENEFIT scheme should never have been authorised. Take a Career break and seek education allowance like everyone else - FULL TIME fully Paid HSE workers should not expect to be paid to go to college and all the other benefits and expenses they expect when it is not available to anyone else. The HSE is a public organisation funded by the Government/taxpayer money etc. - far more priorities to be sorted out first. It also means people on the live register, on education allowance who already took it upon themselves to put themselves through college even Patients on Disability have to make do with less. there is also a moratorium in place we dont need more nurses, healthcare professionals etc. substandard at that given they came through the new FAS pathway now called 'FETAC' which doesnt have international recognition. the few jobs that are going - are they likely to go to these people without having to do an interview while everyone else has to emigrate - it is not like you are repaying the HSE because people are queing up for jobs - just another BENEFIT to this scheme. Only HSE HEalthcare Workers could expect something like this and especially now this during the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This is an old thread.

Also, eireann11 your post in no why helps the OP.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement