Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for graphic card choices ?

Options
  • 07-10-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Its been a while since my last upgrade so feeling a little out of my league here I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card on my gaming machine :rolleyes: budget is 150 - 200 euro so looking for some suggestions ?
    My current set up is
    Processor: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor Socket AM2+ (940)
    Motherboard: GA-MA78GM-S2H rev 2
    Memory:4GB kit (2GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-8500 memory module
    Graphics: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3800 512 MB
    Op Sys: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
    Monitor: BenQ G2222HDL
    Harddrive: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II
    Cheers
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Budget - ATI 5770 as low as 120 euros (on pixmania)

Best card under 200? - the Nvidia 460GTX

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I concur :) The 5770 is a pretty good card for the money.
    Your budget a nVidia GTX 460 768MB would be good
    also a ATI 5830 would deliver the same performance as a GTX 460
    "The Radeon HD 5830 remains competitive with the GeForce GTX 460 768 MB. Both of these cards deliver exceptional performance for under $200, the Radeon differentiating itself with Eyefinity triple-monitor support. On the flip side, Nvidia's GeForce scales more aggressively when matched up to a second card, it's smaller, and quieter." /quote
    Also you can get a GTX 460 1GB as well.

The next step up from that is the uber ATI 5850. You can probably find one for as low as 250euro at time of posting. This thing will drive a 24 inch monitor at 1920*1200 on full detail at max frame rate no bother.

when you're looking for what graphics cards are currently best tomshardware.com runs a monthly update on the state of play of the graphics card big boys and whats the best value in the line up and why

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,review-32014-3.html

Cheers

www.fixmypcardee.com <- for cheapest pc repairs in Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

id get the gigabyte 1 gig gtx 460 from pixmania as its only €199 and its a great card

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Thanks for the suggestions gents, I'll check them all out ;)
    cheers
    joe

Advertisement