Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONT GO TO DIT!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JohnSmithKelly

<deleted>

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

<deleted>

And to mister Fu***ng deletor. if you are going to delete critical posts then put that up on your rules page and stop slinking around in the dark like all the other parasites.

Yes, DIT staff are all evil! They only wish to harm students! They are destroying the Irish people! ...these seem like the thoughts of a perfectly normal and mentally balanced individual!?!?!?!?:confused: (can you taste the sarcasm?)

Calm down! Nobody takes people like you seriously! They just hope the medication you're on kicks in soon!

DIT is fine!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

<deleted>
    And to mister Fu***ng deletor. if you are going to delete critical posts then put that up on your rules page and stop slinking around in the dark like all the other parasites.

If you're not going to behave in a civilised manner on this site then perhaps you should go somewhere else where that sort of behaviour is tolerated.

Zaph wrote: »
    If you're not going to behave in a civilised manner on this site then perhaps you should go somewhere else where that sort of behaviour is tolerated.

By that logic, in his mind he should get a job at DIT! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

right this is all getting out of hand...

reasonable discussion about college services is grand, if someone has issues, voice your concern... but seriously... i dont want to lock this, healthy discussion never hurt anyone and maybe solutions to problems can be found...

just watch what your saying... this isnt a forum to bitch about the college, which many seem to thing in this thread.

grow up and discuss or deleting and bans may occur

• Advertisement

So as I was saying. A life destroyed is a BIG BIG crime. Its easy to turn away but you all know them. You try your best not to think about them but if you have been in the college a few years there will already be one or two that haunt you. The ones that didn't make it. The ones that dissapeared.

Stop creating accounts to post in threads you've been banned in on your other accounts!
    Mods should remove your original account for this in my opinion! It's very immature!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Dwaegon wrote: »
    Stop creating accounts to post in threads you've been banned in on your other accounts!
    Mods should remove your original account for this in my opinion! It's very immature!

waycoolpete re-reg of JohnSmithKelly is sitebanned.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Well, I like it.

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mausram

OMG!!! i thought DIT is one of the best in ireland and was looking forward to applying here, but after reading all of that im not so sure anymore hahahaaaa :eek:
    can anyone give a feedback about architectural technology, construction economics & management or property economics courses please???
    im not irish and am bit afraid that i wont understand something or will understand in different way something and on top of that i wont get any help from lecturers :/ awwwwh its heartbreaking...
    are lecturers not giving any lecture notes or books at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

DIT, where multiple false fire alarms during final exams are a possibility!

*This actually happened last year, by the way*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

Im in 1st year and all my lecturers bar 1 are an absoloute joke, it's not even funny like. All they do is read slides they dont even look interested:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mausram

madlad88 wrote: »
    Im in 1st year and all my lecturers bar 1 are an absoloute joke, it's not even funny like. All they do is read slides they dont even look interested:(

what is your course????

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

mausram wrote: »
    what is your course????

Retail and services . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Kathnora

Ah, speaking from a mammy's point of view DIT ain't that bad. My son got a 2:1 degree in engineering this year and he enjoyed his 4 years there... not perfect of course, but what is? Anyway, he's going back to start his Masters on Jan 31st and hopefully will do well and get the support he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

DIT has some bad lecturers who dont care but at the end of the day its third level education. They show you the material, you teach yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

Nuravictus wrote: »
    DIT has some bad lecturers who dont care but at the end of the day its third level education. They show you the material, you teach yourself.

what i have noticed is that for every bad lecturer there are 5 good ones. it just seems that a few select people are ruining it for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

would agree. there is some fantastic lecturers who go out of their way to help you then there is the few who are useless. Im sure all colleges are the same do.

Also seen people give out about Admin staff and library staff. Ive always found them to be nice and helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Meet the fockers!

Would agree some lectures are good, some are muppets! As for the union they are muppets! I was studying in Kevin st today and it was freezing! Went to aungier st then and it was the same! Went to the union office and made a complaint to the girl behind the desk after she stopped talking to everyone in the office, I don't think she gave a sh1t! Rang the number she gave me and couldnt get through to that hairy dude in the su! Bloody useless! Think I want my union fees back, it's not just today they do nothing for me! no ents, no nothing crap really! So don't come to dit! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I think the union is great. That's the impression I get from them in Bolton St. anyway.

Would agree some lectures are good, some are muppets! As for the union they are muppets! I was studying in Kevin st today and it was freezing! Went to aungier st then and it was the same! Went to the union office and made a complaint to the girl behind the desk after she stopped talking to everyone in the office, I don't think she gave a sh1t! Rang the number she gave me and couldnt get through to that hairy dude in the su! Bloody useless! Think I want my union fees back, it's not just today they do nothing for me! no ents, no nothing crap really! So don't come to dit! :mad:

Because of course if there were other people in the office before you, she should cut them off and take care of you first as soon as you rode in on that mighty high horse of yours! The height of rudeness, not putting you before everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Not one positive experience the place has provided me with in the last 3 years. Most of the lecturers I have are useless and the facilities (In the school of computing anyway) are terrible.
    The general organisation of how the whole place is run is a mess.

You have to remember that it's the biggest college in Ireland with about 22000 students. There is and inevitably will be varying experiences, good and bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

You have to remember that it's the biggest college in Ireland with about 22000 students. There is and inevitably will be varying experiences, good and bad.

its a shame most of them are bad do :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I think UCD has more academic staff, but yeah, it's pretty big. Still not a University though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Repeated 1 exam externally last year, firstly they lost my paper and any record of me having paid to sit the exam. Then they found the sign in sheet for the exam and confirmed i sat it but still had no record of me paying or my paper. In september they contacted me and confirmed i had indeed paid to sit the exam. 3 weeks before my graduation i got my results, my graduation was in mid novemember i sat the exam in may.......

Dwaegon wrote: »
    Because of course if there were other people in the office before you, she should cut them off and take care of you first as soon as you rode in on that mighty high horse of yours! The height of rudeness, not putting you before everyone else!

And you are.....who? Were you in that office down the stairs? No so get lost ya creep! The library was cold again yesterday I am trying to study and this place is doing my head in! The muppet in the office was playing games and wouldn't listen to me the office was full....frustrated.com!!! I am so frustrated and am only new to this thing so I don't know if your answer is what to expect? But I didn't like your tone! So get lost ya creep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

And you are.....who? Were you in that office down the stairs? No so get lost ya creep! The library was cold again yesterday I am trying to study and this place is doing my head in! The muppet in the office was playing games and wouldn't listen to me the office was full....frustrated.com!!! I am so frustrated and am only new to this thing so I don't know if your answer is what to expect? But I didn't like your tone! So get lost ya creep!
    crybaby.com

Naikon wrote: »
    I think UCD has more academic staff, but yeah, it's pretty big. Still not a University though.

Being an IT and not a university is not as awful as some people seem to think. They're in the process of changing it to a Uni, but I think it should stay an IT. IT's in other countries are seen to be as good as unis but here for some reason it is the exact opposite. I could have gone to 3 other universities to do my course but DIT was the best.

Sitec wrote: »
    crybaby.com

Why thank you....it's nice to see dit is sooooo friendly....like not! :mad: asshole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Why thank you....it's nice to see dit is sooooo friendly....like not! :mad: asshole!
    You sound like a spoiled child. DIT is very friendly but yuppies are not appreciated as much as other colleges. No need to get personal either.

Advertisement