Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another BTEA problem...

Options
  • 07-10-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'm really annoyed right now because I got a letter this morning from my SW office informing me my application for BTEA has been denied. Here's the story...

I started college in 2007 and continued in the course full time until June 2009. Due to health problems I was unable to sit repeats in August 09 and therefore couldn't go into 3rd year. Had to repeat the modules on a part time basis from Sept 2009 to June 2010. During this time I was in receipt of Jobseekers Benefit (and after a while Jobseekers Allowance).

I started 3rd year in Sept 2010 and believed I would have been eligible for BTEA as I had been signing on for over a year. This was my first time applying for BTEA. However, the SW office have said that "because there was no break in my studies" that my application has been denied.

I can't find anything in the BTEA info regarding "breaks in studies".

Also the fact that I'm applying for BTEA for the first time in 3rd year shouldn't preclude me from the scheme, this much I know. If I didn't know any better I would say they are literally making up excuses so as no to give me the allowance.

Really angry, please help!!!

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement