Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco and Kelloggs promotional packs

Options
  • 07-10-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Tesco has been displaying in its stores, on prominent end of aisle shelves, Kelloggs cereals with “claim your free box of cereal” banner over them.

I bought 3 of these from Tesco's, followed the instructions, got the voucher for the free box from Kelloggs, and went back to the same store to redeem for my free box.

Oh no, Tesco sells these promotional packs but do not accept the vouchers you get from the promotional packs!!! Kelloggs, however, confirms that Tesco is a particiapting retailer in their promotion.

In other words, Tesco benefits from the extra sales of the promotions, but expect other honest retailers like Dunes or Superquinn to bear the costs of the redemption.

Is that how Tesco profit is boosted? Is it an ethical way of trading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I would have thought after your Moy Park chicken experience, you'd have learnt your lesson about Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Again, did you speak with the store manager about this to confirm that they don't accept the vouchers? If so, did you tell them that Tesco has signed up to this deal, and ask if Tesco management is aware that a store manager has overruled their order?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I collected those before and redeemed them in my local Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

do you go looking for trouble in tesco or something lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The problem lies between Tesco and Kelloggs. I would write to Kelloggs - highlighting the fact that a named partner is not honouring the vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

dublin99 wrote: »
    Tesco has been displaying in its stores, on prominent end of aisle shelves, Kelloggs cereals with “claim your free box of cereal” banner over them.

I bought 3 of these from Tesco's, followed the instructions, got the voucher for the free box from Kelloggs, and went back to the same store to redeem for my free box.

Oh no, Tesco sells these promotional packs but do not accept the vouchers you get from the promotional packs!!! Kelloggs, however, confirms that Tesco is a particiapting retailer in their promotion.

In other words, Tesco benefits from the extra sales of the promotions, but expect other honest retailers like Dunes or Superquinn to bear the costs of the redemption.

Is that how Tesco profit is boosted? Is it an ethical way of trading?

you have 12 posts in nearly 2 years of boards membership.
    in those 12 posts-nearly all 11 of them are complaints....

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

thebullkf wrote: »
    you have 12 posts in nearly 2 years of boards membership.
    in those 12 posts-nearly all 11 of them are complaints....

why?

you forgot about tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

antocann wrote: »
    you forgot about tesco

:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement