Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine WiMAX 7MB

Options
  • 07-10-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Getting this installed tomorrow,

has anyone else got it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lots of threads of complaints about it in the Midband forum (Yes, its mobile internet, not classed here as broadband as its so undependable). Basically it works well in some areas, not very well in others, those with fixed receivers seem to get a much better service

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kho sumai

I joined Wimax last January can'nt wait for contract to finish. I have nothing but trouble. On average I have had to contact them at least four times each month. Only today had to call again phone not working example- Incoming call when I picked up the noise I heard was like a dril Happened 3 times on fourth attempt caller got through. I then made a call there was no ringing tone instead I got through to Womans Way Zodiac Line. Rang off immediatly this it one of those expensive numbers.. I rang Wimax Technical Support I was on the line to them for 40 mins. Is the problen resolved I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wahmeister666

Don't get it,absolute ****E...dunno how they get away with selling/marketing this as "fast,reliable" because it is NEITHER...the 7mb is sometimes between 1-3mb...absolute RUBBISH...don't get it,trust me. Bunch of fraudulent *****. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 valelapena

Hi guys,
    I have had imagine since it arrived in Bray 3 months ago. I am on the UP TO 7mb downloand speed. I have only got an average of 2mb download speed.

I have called them on average 4-5times at my expense as they will never call you back even if they say they will.

Every time you call they will all say the same rubbish!!!

My advice is to stay away from imagine they are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Problems, problems and more problems.

Oh I am still waiting on a reply from my email to the customer care team 2 months ago!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

valelapena wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have had imagine since it arrived in Bray 3 months ago. I am on the UP TO 7mb downloand speed. I have only got an average of 2mb download speed.

I have called them on average 4-5times at my expense as they will never call you back even if they say they will.

Every time you call they will all say the same rubbish!!!

My advice is to stay away from imagine they are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Problems, problems and more problems.

Oh I am still waiting on a reply from my email to the customer care team 2 months ago!!!!

2mbit is upto 7mbit. This is a mobile product, because its mobile they cannot control it, even if they don't oversell it.

Wimax isn't the problem here, its that Imagine are cutting costs by only installing those on the much weaker signals, saves a few hundred each customer on install costs. Other providers do real fixed Wimax that works, they do a fixed install guaranteeing everyone the best signal possible and have no nomadic users with poor signals, meaning their network works as best it can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement