Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 coverage query

Options
  • 07-10-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Thinking of switching to Three mobile and wondering what there is coverage like for calls and web in Dublin area and surrounding counties

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It is perfect for me, whenever I don't have 3G, I have 2G data with Vodafone. Their internet coverage is much better then when I was with O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

With 3 years, never had any real issues with coverage. Been all over Ireland and only place was parts of Tipperary and Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Meteor/eMobile 80% Coverage
    o2 96% Coverage
    Vodafone & 3 - 97%

3 has the most 3G coverage of all the networks and partners with Vodafone for 2G

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Meteor/eMobile 80% Coverage

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/coverage/
    99% coverage - yes, that's right!
    We've got you covered – 99% coverage

Don’t be out of date about the Meteor network. We now have a whopping 99% coverage, so unless you live in a cave, chances are we’ve got you covered

Those were the figures quoted in yesterdays indo from comreg Sam, I didnt make them up.

• Advertisement

Those were the figures quoted in yesterdays indo from comreg Sam, I didnt make them up.

You mean this? http://www.independent.ie/national-news/watchdog-not-tackling-weak-mobile-signal-in-rural-areas-2368725.html

80% is comreg's minimum requirement for meteor, as the article says comreg gave no comment on their actual level of coverage

And as I'm sure you know they use vodafone's coverage in areas where they don't have their own

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You mean this? http://www.independent.ie/national-news/watchdog-not-tackling-weak-mobile-signal-in-rural-areas-2368725.html

80% is comreg's minimum requirement for meteor, as the article says comreg gave no comment on their actual level of coverage

And as I'm sure you know they use vodafone's coverage in areas where they don't have their own

Data is very poor with Meteor from past experience.

angel01 wrote: »
    Data is very poor with Meteor from past experience.

Do you mean internet coverage? I find it fine :confused:

Do you mean internet coverage? I find it fine :confused:

Anyway, this topic is about 3 so I will stick with it.

I think the coverage is perfect with 3, great price plans, and well worth a shot :)

I only glanced at it yesterday while having lunch, could have done with re reading it first, my bad:o

I don't think they use Vodafone everywhere, I know places with 0 meteor coverage. Where there is Voda, 3 and o2 Coverage but on the flip side I know places there's meteor coverage where there's no Voda or 3.

It's also not saying that 3 is the only one under obligation to have their minimum in 3G coverage while meteor, voda & o2 are only required to have 2G.

Comments on the indo are hinting that some of them aren't living up to the minimum requirement, it's not pointing fingers though.

• Advertisement

I only glanced at it yesterday while having lunch, could have done with re reading it first, my bad:o
    Fair enough :)
    I don't think they use Vodafone everywhere, I know places with 0 meteor coverage. Where there is Voda, 3 and o2 Coverage but on the flip side I know places there's meteor coverage where there's no Voda or 3.
    Yeah they all have blackspots and they only use vodafone's coverage in specific locations.
    It's also not saying that 3 is the only one under obligation to have their minimum in 3G coverage while meteor, voda & o2 are only required to have 2G.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. It reads to me like you're saying that only 3 have an obligation to provide a certain level of 3g coverage but the article says "On the 3G (smartphone) networks, Meteor had to provide minimum coverage of 83pc, O2 had 90.2pc, 3 had 85pc and Vodafone had 85pc". Am I misreading it?

Am I misreading it?

No I am again:o

all these % confuse me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dub50

Thanks

will make the switch so

Advertisement