Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-Operative Halo reach forum

Options
  • 07-10-2010 3:56pm

I decided to set up this thread because i'm sick of being matched up with random players in firefight that don't talk or seem to understand the concept of teamwork. It's supposed to be a TEAM game....

If you're looking for players to play co-op modes with, post your tag here, and mention whether you're a talker or not, your rank, and when you're usually online.

I'm currently a warrant officer 2nd grade, i like to talk in-game, but am looking for people who keep the chat about tactics and teamwork during the action.

I'm usually on weekday evenings and a bit at weekends.
    GT= MackDaddi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

That's exactly why I play Score Attack whenever there are firefight challenges. My housemate doesn't really play firefight, and while we work really well as a team in MP, I'd love to get into proper tactics playing FF, but he doesn't really play it that much.

I'll throw you an add on XBL, my tag is the same as my name here

I'll throw you an add on XBL, my tag is the same as my name here

Sweet. Looking forward to a few games with a plan instead of a lot of aimless running around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

CORaven here
    I enjoy firefight, but I want to get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Fire fight isnt really much of a challange doh is it , in fairness?

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Fire fight isnt really much of a challange doh is it , in fairness?

Try playing classic firefight and ramping up the difficulty. It's how firefight used to be in ODST. You start with a certain number of lives and that's more or less all you get. To add to that, there's no limit to the number of waves coming at you, and they get progressively more difficult and don't stop coming till you're all dead.

Teamwork is king in this mode, it's way better than the single-set firefight matches that matchmaking serves up. Also, you can tweak the settings, enemies, damage resistance, "shootiness" and a whole lot of other stuff to make it as difficult as you want it to be. The beauty of firefight is really unlocked when you have a few mates in a custom game. On the higher settings it's a real challenge, and unless you work together you haven't a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

Thot Botmontostic loikes sookin flootes.

Ha, yea man normal play list firefight bores the absolute bejaysus out of me, but I'd be game for some custom games.
    I really enjoyed the teamwork you needed in ODST, but the new reach maps are a bit lack luster.

Bi6N wrote: »
    normal play list firefight bores the absolute bejaysus out of me, but I'd be game for some custom games.

Add me. What's your gamertag? Mine's the same as my boards username.

I'll be on later for a couple of hours at around 5.30, would be up for a game if you're around. I miss teamwork. Matchmaking firefight is a lonely, quiet place.:(

Edit, PS- sorry Botmontostic (heh) i had to leg it off XBL unexpectedly last night, still hope to get some games in with you soon though. Maybe around 5.30 this evening if you're online?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

Add me. What's your gamertag? Mine's the same as my boards username.

I'll be on later for a couple of hours at around 5.30, would be up for a game if you're around. I miss teamwork. Matchmaking firefight is a lonely, quiet place.:(

Edit, PS- sorry Botmontostic (heh) i had to leg it off XBL unexpectedly last night, still hope to get some games in with you soon though. Maybe around 5.30 this evening if you're online?

BI6N will be sockin flotes on forefoght an hour before I get back to the gaff, should be on around half 7 if you're still on then man

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Try playing classic firefight and ramping up the difficulty. It's how firefight used to be in ODST. You start with a certain number of lives and that's more or less all you get. To add to that, there's no limit to the number of waves coming at you, and they get progressively more difficult and don't stop coming till you're all dead.

Teamwork is king in this mode, it's way better than the single-set firefight matches that matchmaking serves up. Also, you can tweak the settings, enemies, damage resistance, "shootiness" and a whole lot of other stuff to make it as difficult as you want it to be. The beauty of firefight is really unlocked when you have a few mates in a custom game. On the higher settings it's a real challenge, and unless you work together you haven't a hope.

You speak the 7ru7h!!!

Anyway I'm also sick of ignorant team mates on matchmaking just going off and playing ****e by themselves....(not saying i'm brilliant or anything) I could do with a few decent teammates. Sure you don't have to be that brilliant necessarily just work well together with people.

I could do with a few decent teammates. Sure you don't have to be that brilliant necessarily just work well together with people.

Add me. My gt is my boards username. I'm hoping to put the makings of a decent team of Irish lads together for exactly that. Not looking for a high standard, just a bit of teamwork and craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

add me folks, always up for some decent coop!

signature.aspx?player=mawksee

Hey, I was playing sniper attack in firefight score attack this evening and for the two games in a row I played I couldn't pick up any of the dropped weapons or grenades from killed AI. My usual credit farming strategy of "get a fuel rod, hole up, and blow the crap out of everything" was no use.

Was it just a glitch or have bungie changed something to make it sniper and pistol only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah the playlists have been updated and it includes no weapon pickups on Sniper Attack. Came across a map called Glacier which wasnt mention on Bungie and also Mythic Attack has been added to the gametypes. Firefights are now also a full set instead of a round.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29272

Add me for some firefight also. Im usually on quite late though...after 10pm.

Ah sweet, there's definitely more good than bad in that update, i can deal with no weapon pickups in sniper attack. Friendly fire is now off so that will sort out the stupid betrayal booting issues, and the 1 set firefight matches are cool too. I hope that doesn't mean that people will quit more now, one set or 30 mins max is the perfect length of time for a firefight game.

Glacier is a cool map too, i'm glad they put it in. The firefight that was set on it in the part of the campaign where you defend Halsey's lab was a highlight of the game for me. Lots of long sightlines, an elevated position to hold, and plenty of cover and little flanking routes and rat holes to scurry down when things get too hot.

They've also said that firefight classic with limited lives will be making a comeback. Looking forward to that. I love how bungie keep refining their games long after they come out.
    bucks73 wrote: »
    Add me for some firefight also. Im usually on quite late though...after 10pm.

Will do. I'll be on this evening, probably 7 or 8 to about 10.30 or so, might bump into you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I hope that doesn't mean that people will quit more now, one set or 30 mins max is the perfect length of time for a firefight game.

i found lastnight that a lot of people quit after the first set, which was kind of a blessing as it left a lot more kills for me and easy points :)

maximoose wrote: »
    i found lastnight that a lot of people quit after the first set, which was kind of a blessing as it left a lot more kills for me and easy points :)

Yep me too. I hadn't realised that It was as a result of the update but for a few games last night I was the only one left after the first 5 or 10 minutes and i ended up racking up loads of kills and thousands of credits every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Real KCG

Hey guys I'm not on Halo much these days but love Co-op on it. Been playing campaign with one of the guys in the house, and tried a bit of firefight but there's no craic with the guys on matchmaking for it.
    My GT is the same as my boards one, so it'd be good to bump into ye some evening when I've got an itchy trigger finger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

GT: Cypharius

I'm online a fair bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

iraelite27.
    play from 10pm onwards most nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

hey

ye all still meeting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

Hi everyone is anyone still meeting to play co-op. My gamer tag is (AW MasterPlayer) usually play at night.

Advertisement