Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-ordering Cata

Options
  • 07-10-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hey all

I'm a total wow-holic and won beta a few weeks ago so I'm even more excited about Cataclysm coming out.

I'm looking to get the collector's edition because it has some pretty cool extra's.
    I was pretty shocked to see Gamestop are advertising it for €89.99. I think that's ridiculously steep.

Basically my questions are, does anyone know of anywhere to get it cheaper? Also, I want to have it in my hands on the release date, should I prebook it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheShogun

I don't know what it's like here in Ireland but I'm originally from South Africa and there if you wanted a Collectors Edition you had to pre-order and pay in blood and tears because quantities were exceedingly limited. I've also pre-ordered a CE from Gamestop. I'm sure the prices off Amazon are a lot less but I'd rather not run the chance of missing out on the collectors. My local Gamestop is also just a short stroll down the road so I will admit that did factor into my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

have it ordered from amazon for about €70 expected delivey is between 9 - 13. not that bothered about getting it on day 1 was it will be easier to do the new stuff once the new zones clear out a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have mine prebooked in gamestop but fully expect a price slash on release similar to Sc2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have mine prebooked in gamestop but fully expect a price slash on release similar to Sc2

In Cork they didn't know how much they were selling SC2 CE for before the day of release and on the day it was €79.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Went into Game in Liffey Valley today and asked about pre orders. Basically they took my Game card and swiped it, and game me a receipt which I'm assured will allow me to pick up a copy on release day.

Wouldnt take payment or anything - not sure how confident I feel about it - anyone had an experience on this?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

ArthurG wrote: »
    Went into Game in Liffey Valley today and asked about pre orders. Basically they took my Game card and swiped it, and game me a receipt which I'm assured will allow me to pick up a copy on release day.

Wouldnt take payment or anything - not sure how confident I feel about it - anyone had an experience on this?.

Game in Liffey Valley are awesome for that. You'll just have to pay them on the day you go -- 100% reliable from personal experience. Just make sure you don't lose the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

What is up with play.coms pricing? 170 euro for the Collectors Edition, while Amazon are doing it for 70 euro.

Gamestop in Swords told me there is no confirmed price for Cataclysm and any shop saying there is is just fueling rumour or making a wild guess.

No official price on the system because they have no RRP.

Your man said at an educated guess youd be looking at the same price as wotlk was, which if memory servers wa slike €30 from gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Just logged into account management. You can now preorder the game online, it will download straight away and it will activate at 12:01am on Wed 7th

Ops just realised there is a thread dedicated to this

Shougeki wrote: »
    Just logged into account management. You can now preorder the game online, it will download straight away and it will activate at 12:01am on Wed 7th

yeah I did it myself its downloaded and all, there is tow more patches to come then your ready to go

€35 was a solid price aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

one thing that doesnt seem to be mentioned on the blizzard site is that
    >at the moment< the digital download doesn't contain any cinematics.
    Theres conflicting blue posts on the US site about whether they'll be there by the 7th.Its annoying as hell as if I'd known they were missing I wouldn't have bought the DD.(the cinematics arent a huge deal but I'd rather not pay the same as retail for a gimped copy of the game)

Of course the digital version will have cinematics.

Its rubbish to think they wouldnt, they want to push digital sales, so they will ensure everything is the same, if anything you might get something extra for a digital purchase.

There has been no official announcement, just a blue post that everyone took up completely wrong and had an absolute epic freak out about.

At this time the digital download doesnt have it, because there is 2-3 more content update patches still to come,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'd be pretty ridiculous to not include the cinematics in the digital download tbh. I'm assuming, as TheDoc said, that they just havent been included in it yet, and will be in one of the later updates. Although, with this guy, you never know :P

screenshot_238176_thumb300.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

TheDoc wrote: »
    Of course the digital version will have cinematics.

Its rubbish to think they wouldnt, they want to push digital sales, so they will ensure everything is the same, if anything you might get something extra for a digital purchase.

There has been no official announcement, just a blue post that everyone took up completely wrong and had an absolute epic freak out about.

At this time the digital download doesnt have it, because there is 2-3 more content update patches still to come,

Maybe , like I said the problem is there is a blue post out there saying otherwise and at present there is some confusion as to whether the DD contains the cinematics.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27189094900&postId=272794253762&sid=1#19
    They may want to push digital downloads but I'd say there'll be some pressure from retailers for the 'bricks and mortar' copy to be "better" , so some executive spanner may have tried to push for the no cinematics thing.
    I'd say it'll be sorted out shortly but i just wanted to make people aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I did the digital download over the weekend - as mentioned €35 euro and was done in a few hours.

Surprisingly small - about 700mb, but then again 4.0 was so big it must have a lot of stuff in there for Cata.

So I'm all set now and ready to go at 11pm or whatever mad time it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

play.com always do really great value games!! :) free delivery as well

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

It is available in HMV Dundalk, €29.99, on the shelf and can be purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

lazygit wrote: »
    It is available in HMV Dundalk, €29.99, on the shelf and can be purchased.

You sure about that? It has a strict "Do Not Sell until 7.12.10" seal over all the copies in Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 geekyjay10

actually it will activate @ 11.01pm on the 6th dec, its 12.01 cet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

12:01am wed 7th - CET

thats 11:01pm tue 6th - GMT for us :)

(Edit, hit post about a half hour later)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Tuesday is the 7th. So we'll be playing Monday at 11 o clock.

Advertisement