Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sam Bennett to the Sean Kelly team

• 07-10-2010 4:51pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_5270.shtml

Talented young Irish rider Sam Bennett has been handed a contract with the An Post Grant Thornton M. Donnelly Sean Kelly team for 2011, marking the next step in his development as a rider.

The Irish under 23 champion highlighted his ability in 2008 when he became the European junior points race champion on the track. Last season he became one of the youngest-ever stage winners in the FBD Insurance Rás, winning stage seven into Clara despite being just 18 years of age.

He was also a very solid 25th overall against some of the world’s top riders in the Tour of Ireland.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Onwards and upwards for Bennett. I heard he's getting surgery on the knee soon. Hope it goes well for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Didn't
    el tonto wrote: »
    Onwards and upwards for Bennett. I heard he's getting surgery on the knee soon. Hope it goes well for him.
    Didn't realise he was injured. Nothing serious I hope. Surgery on the knee at that age doesn't sound too good. Hope he has been watching Dan Martin spin those low gears. Lets hope he makes a speedy recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

From reading the report on Irishprocycling I don't think he will be going for Surgery, he's been to the Hartmann Clinic in Limerick for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

I thought he would have gotten a little further than the An Post team after he had a trial with FDJ. But it seems he was held back by his Knee?
    Worst thing about it is he'll be at a few races in Ireland next year kicking ars* no doubt:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭LeoD

Junior wrote: »
    he's been to the Hartmann Clinic in Limerick for work.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement