Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen worktop/tile beading

• 07-10-2010 5:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I've had the problem below in several houses, but this one belongs to me so I'd like to do something about it! I've looked at the likes of the Homelux after-tile things, but they're very big, more than an inch up and back. Is there anything neater for this, say a centimetre up and back? The ideal would be something like the quarter-moon plastics plasterers insert at external wall junctions these days, only with adhesive backing obviously! :)

P1010961.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Give the surface a good clean and use silicone. Best finish of all provided you are good with silicone. Outside that there is only the strips you mention

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm crap with silicone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dahamsta wrote: »
    I'm crap with silicone. :)

Get someone else to do it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Silcone is the only answering. If you small cut nossle of silcone gun and then level it off with you finger, make sure yoour finger is wet and this will give you a nice even finish.

Or any handyman would have it silcone done in a few mins. Would cost very little if you gey someone local.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's plastic beading I'm looking for. I'll keep googling, I know silicone isn't the only answer because I've seen beading in fitted kitchens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement