Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype app on phone, connect to wireless router

Options
  • 07-10-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone downloaded a skype app on their mobile and then used its wireless capability to connect to their home router?

Im thinking this HAS to be cheaper than buying a skype phone.

Is it even possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Skype can use a wifi connection no bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

I believe skype available for mobiles only works over the 3G/2G Data network.
    I got Skype on 3 but everytime I log in it asks you to switch off my wifi :)

I have a HTC Desire and wanted skype for travelling to use over wifi.
    The sales guy said it works over wifi in reality it doesnt.

Ohh just saw the skype app for Androids on the market, finally skype over wifi for me, call quality seems good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

The Skype from 3 is not the same one as Skype on the Android Market.

Skype on Android works fine over Wifi but you need a good phone to run it. 1Ghz processor anyway.

My Hero struggles with it.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Skype doesn't have to be on an android handset to work over wlan, just to make that clear.

The skype app provided on the H3GI network is totally different from the standard Skype app, and that must be used only with the H3GI network.

Where as the one you download from skype.com will work over wlan no problem on most phones.

Advertisement