Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

place that can fix xbox?

• 07-10-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

hay i have 2 yea 2 brokin xbox's with the 3 red lights of "death"

i was wondering if there is anywhere in dublin i can get it fixed for less then 40 euro each or there around

i got it fixed for 40 quid in town at some store near moore street but it only lasted about 4 months and it happend again

i know there is suppose to be a very good place in bray thay can do it in an hour but its a pain in the balls gettin down there

,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

you were lucky to get 4 months out of it tbh. the only 100% fix is to buy new one. all the other fix methods (hybrid, reflow, reballing) are temporary as the problem lies in construction and materials used.

second thing, no one will do reballing for less than 40e. for that price you will get fresh layer of Arctic silver and 3 months Max.

save ur money for new Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgt.Peppers

docentore wrote: »
    you were lucky to get 4 months out of it tbh. the only 100% fix is to buy new one. all the other fix methods (hybrid, reflow, reballing) are temporary as the problem lies in construction and materials used.

second thing, no one will do reballing for less than 40e. for that price you will get fresh layer of Arctic silver and 3 months Max.

save ur money for new Xbox

one of em just has no video or audio i ment to say not the 3 red rings...would that cost much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

one of em just has no video or audio i ment to say not the 3 red rings...would that cost much?

same fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Try and sell them for 40-50 euro each maybe more,and add cash to buy a new one.Had RROD before you're throwing money away fixing them imo

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

there is one way to fix it but its only temporary and you'll probably end up burning your house down

• Advertisement
Advertisement