Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3 Public Beta

Options
  • 07-10-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Starts October 25th.

Deatails are up on the PS blog. I'm on mobile and can't copy and paste it here. Hopefuly one of you good chaps can :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/
    Step 1: Be(come) a Plus subscriber
    With the exception of a handful of key media partners, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!

Step 2: Download the theme
    On October 13th an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will hit the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. Only the first 10,000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to download this theme will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.

Step 3: Check your email
    If you’re among the first 10,000 to download the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on October 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions. The email will be sent to the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID, so make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCEE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/10/07/the-killzone-3-beta-starts-on-the-25th-of-october-and-here-is-your-chance-to-get-in/#comment-108051

There will be a chance for none plus members.

It’s also 10,000 for SCEE and 5,000 for SCEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Varik wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/10/07/the-killzone-3-beta-starts-on-the-25th-of-october-and-here-is-your-chance-to-get-in/#comment-108051

There will be a chance for none plus members.

It’s also 10,000 for SCEE and 5,000 for SCEA.
    where did ya see that, the only bit i saw was that existing beta testers could get it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I saw "be a plus subscriber" and stopped.

Turning into Microsoft...

guil wrote: »
    where did ya see that, the only bit i saw was that existing beta testers could get it aswell

Go to the link, he said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I saw "be a plus subscriber" and stopped.

Turning into Microsoft...

Lot more bang for your buck as a plus member than a live gold member. But the fact that sony have been giving what a gold live sub has been giving for free people are reluctant to sign up for Plus. Im not a plus member :P But if you download loads of **** on PSN i suppose its good....you get it cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Rarely use it, only ever downloaded the two CoD map packs off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,373 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I presume they'll except the 90 days membership ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looking forward to it,its really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go to the link, he said it.
    just saw it now but i dont think just anyone can get in, they said other ways but also said scee beta trial members will get in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

not very happy with this ps plus thing with this exclusive , hope gamespot give out keys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

not very happy with this ps plus thing with this exclusive ,

It's more along the lines of you have to have PSN+ to have a chance of getting it, plus be lucky to get it too.

Kinda like the lotto, if you're not in, you can't win...

It's just an enticement to get more people to sign up for PSN+.

If you're interested in the beta, sign up(for a slim chance of being selected), if not...don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Bit of a downer tbh. Why would someone pay to have a chance to download the Beta. Its either a premium service or its not. Its been very skimpy on 1st party beta content so far.

RAIN wrote: »
    Bit of a downer tbh. Why would someone pay to have a chance to download the Beta. Its either a premium service or its not. Its been very skimpy on 1st party beta content so far.

The beta wouldn't be available to everone in any case the beta will be fill with plus members then if they still need numbers they'll let others in, the plus members are just getting preferance.

Does anyone know the number of plus members, there is a number shown of downloads for the psn plus stuff but what regions does that apply to.

I intend to try and get in so a boards clan(or the old one) would be good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

not very happy with this ps plus thing with this exclusive , hope gamespot give out keys

It's kinda the whole point of plus. As a plus subscriber I'd be pissed off it we didn't get it exclusively considering we were promised beta access as one of the main reasons to subscribe.

is there any specific time on the October 13th we'll see the Killzone 3 XMB Theme?

Headshot wrote: »
    is there any specific time on the October 13th we'll see the Killzone 3 XMB Theme?

I would guess between 4 and 6 on the 14th.

I would guess between 4 and 6 on the 14th.

Excellent, I'm finishing work early on wednesday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,635 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

up now, hurry !!!

man I hated the waiting for that theme

come on 25th ffs

• Advertisement

When i selected it there were 0 ratings then 360(including mine), so i think i'm safe.

ya got in quick enough myself (hopefully :) )

I nearly forgot to tick the box in the notification preference

"Yes, I would like to receive information on Playstation products and services"

Headshot wrote: »
    I nearly forgot to tick the box in the notification preference

you got the email already?

you got the email already?

no

on 25th the lucky few will get it

I just wanted to do it now because knowing me ill forget it and plus i didnt have it ticked

all we had to do was download the theme as far as i know ??

2smiggy wrote: »
    all we had to do was download the theme as far as i know ??

"If you’re among the first 10,000 to download the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on October 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions. The email will be sent to the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID, so make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCEE.

you need to have that ticked afaik

check it just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i got to download very quick, hopefully i get the code :) sold KZ2 the day after i got it and returned back to cod but meh ill try it out

Ive a guy on my friend list playing Killzone 3 now! He must be in the closed beta.

• Advertisement

Ive a guy on my friend list playing Killzone 3 now! He must be in the closed beta.

lol

we have the same friend:D

he's a lucky bastard

Advertisement