Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3 Public Beta

Options

Comments

It's not downloading for me though, it's just stuck at 0% pending :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

YEAH BOYYYY!

Nice to see you got in too Wolfie, it'll be just like old times. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

F*CK YESH! Got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,373 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

go on my beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

GothPunk wrote: »
    YEAH BOYYYY!

Nice to see you got in too Wolfie, it'll be just like old times. :pac:

I gots the US version though, not sure if we'll be on the same server!

Also i'll be playing with my US account "WolfForagerUS" if people want to add me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone now gotten it play yet the email say the 26th that the beta starts.

I'm going to give my extra US code out if you on my friends list ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Have to wait just one more day

"The Public Beta Trial will start on Tuesday the 26th of October".

The first 3 times I clicked on download I got 'ERROR, the download operation can not be started' and I was like 'FFFUUUUUUU!', now I'm currently on 10%. Bummer if it really doesn't start until tomorrow.
    I gots the US version though, not sure if we'll be on the same server!

Also i'll be playing with my US account "WolfForagerUS" if people want to add me :P
    You can play with people from all regions according to people from NeoGAF who are already in it anyways. I think it would still work in your EU account, but sure I'll add your US account anyways in case you can't.

do you have to play at these times "All event nights will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 20:00 UK time and 22:00 UK time." when midnight comes can i start playing?

anyone else having trouble with the Beta.Killzone.com forums?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    do you have to play at these times "All event nights will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 20:00 UK time and 22:00 UK time." when midnight comes can i start playing?
    I think the idea there is to have as many people as possible online at the same time to test the server? So you can play any time you like but they'd appreciate if you could get on then if you can.
    anyone else having trouble with the Beta.Killzone.com forums?
    You have to play at least one game before it'll work I think? I think I read that in the email anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Mine's done downloading and 92% installed. Just have to download and install frickin' patch now! :P

Mine's only 70%, the likelihood of getting on tonight is low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

You can play all the time, well you could during the closed beta the past few weeks, couldnt be arsed playing it caus of lack of people, should be better with all the PS+ members getting codes

GothPunk wrote: »
    You can play with people from all regions according to people from NeoGAF who are already in it anyways. I think it would still work in your EU account, but sure I'll add your US account anyways in case you can't.

I tried the code that came from the same site as his and it didn't work those USAToday ones are only US accounts.

You can play at any time but the events and special games with specific game set is will happen on those days at those times.

Will try play it with my Eu accoutn and see what happens, may only need a US account to download it.

Varik wrote: »
    I tried the code that came from the same site as his and it didn't work those USAToday ones are only US accounts.

You can play at any time but the events and special games with specific game set is will happen on those days at those times.
    I meant that once he downloaded it from his US account it should work in his EU account, and from that point will get associated with that account, just like the many other US betas I've been in. Usually there's like a 24 hour lock out or something to that effect if you're trying to play it on multiple accounts or sharing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Had forgotten just how good Killzone multiplayer is. It's rocks, and is extremely solid for a game that's a few months from release. Hell it'd still be extrememly solid for a game that was released today.

I forgot to check on it so it is downloaded and currently is installing so will play a quick game tonight.

Downloaded and patched, here we go :D

EDIT: EU account is working.

• Advertisement

can we play online now or should we wait till tomorrow?

Theres an offline bot mode. Been playing that for a few minutes now. It's a gorgeous looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

can we play online now or should we wait till tomorrow?

You can play online now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Theres an offline bot mode. Been playing that for a few minutes now. It's a gorgeous looking game.

its fantastic in 3d too

kept throwing grenades when i meant to use the iron sight. Think i'll play as medic and upgrade that, i kept running into GothPunk turrets all over the place in my huge robot of death/noob so medic seem to be in more demand that and i like it.

Got another email from Sony with the same code again, was looking very close to see if at least 1 letter or numbers was diff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,635 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got my code this morning and am downloading now

my username is tl1979

add me if anyone is going to give this a try :p

played against some bots, seems good. but i am having trouble connecting to multiplayer so far.

This beta is so good I might hold off on buying any new games for a while. It's just fantastic. It felt like coming home after being away from KZ2 for so long. Does anyone know when the beta ends? When it does I think I'll have to go back to KZ2 MP for a while. :D
    2smiggy wrote: »
    played against some bots, seems good. but i am having trouble connecting to multiplayer so far.
    I had awful trouble the first few attempts but after that hiccup it seemed to find games. What was happening for me was that it was hanging after I clicked on 'Join Game' so I had to quit to the PS3 menu a couple of times. Sometimes it gives you a network error even though nothing actually happened. It is a beta after all! :pac:

• Advertisement

whats ure ps tag
    mines tl1979 if you want a game (if i can get in one :D )

Advertisement