Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo farmer gored to death by a bull

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What a terrible thing to happen, condolences to the family.

I was up at the missus homeplace in Donegal there a few months back looking after the farm while her folks were gone for a few days. I don't really know that much about farming etc but one day I went out the back door and there was a friesian bull that had broke into the field adjacent to the yard. He was flipping crazy, very aggressive and stomping like mental and with only a 3 1/2 foot wall between us I got one hell of a freight. Thankfully he had female company (the reason he broke into the field I presume) otherwise I'm convinced he would have come for me. I was just thankful it wasn't my young niece who had gone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Horific story. I never really thought about people dying as a result of an attack by bulls/cows, I've heard of plenty of them. but it must be such a violent death, must be frightful. god rest him, god help his family.

we had a pb freisian bull in the 80's, and he was a nut. I suppose we were stuck with him cos he cost so much at the time, but he was a cnut of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

How awful, such a sad way to go :( They're supposed to be one of the most if not the most dangerous animal in Ireland. No wonder a lot of calves are castrated, imagine the havoc they would cause if not. I've always been terrified of coming into contact with a bull myself. I suppose it's in their nature but still, what a sad way to go. RIP.

Advertisement