Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and White Cat Killed on the Road

Options
  • 07-10-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Just wanted to let people know if they are missing a black and white cat, one was knocked down and killed just before the Superquinn roundabout coming from Jackie Skellys. We moved it onto the grass verge. The driver obviously didn't even stop, shame on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

was he supposed to stop?

your not supposed to stop if you hit an animal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Two users have have had their posts removed and been warned about posting insensitive jokes on this thread.

The next one will carry a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Wonder if this is the cat that always is around Superquinn. Seems like a cute little thing but well fed so presumed it wasn't stray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

was he supposed to stop?

You are if it is livestock or a dog AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Wonder if this is the cat that always is around Superquinn. Seems like a cute little thing but well fed so presumed it wasn't stray.

I was wondering that. The lovely large cat that always meows and wanders over for a pet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

was he supposed to stop?

You're not supposed to swerve if you encounter an animal, there's no law to say you have to proceed without stopping if you hit one.
    I hope the car in front just did not see what happened, rather than just ploughing ahead - even though it is not the fault of the driver that this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I was wondering that. The lovely large cat that always meows and wanders over for a pet.

Just been superquinn and there was a very alive black cat sat between the door and car park steps being stroked by a number of people.

The lady in the chemist said there is a large family of feral cats live behind superquinn and she thinks the dead one is one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coolhandd

Its a feral one that I used to see a lot. The friendly one is alive and well. It used to be in the superquinn car park a good bit and I got near it a few times. Was a good looking cat and would have been a nice looking pet. Poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Interestingly, the decomposing remains & skeleton of this cat are STILL lying in the middle of the footpath - are our roads EVER cleaned?!?!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

eleMental wrote: »
    Interestingly, the decomposing remains & skeleton of this cat are STILL lying in the middle of the footpath - are our roads EVER cleaned?!?!!!!:(

Funny I was about to post similar question. Its disgusting. Any point asking mgmt co?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Its absolutely disguisting, is it still the case that the council havent taken over that road ?

There is also no bins on the road inot Greystones .. grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

The Council seem to be refusing to take over the road, despite it being a huge asset to the town. Not only are the bins an issue, the railings at the roundabout have not been repaired, the pedestrian crossing has not been maintained despite the road being a dedicated and busy cycle and walking route up to kildpedder, and in the big freeze last winter the council initially refused to grit the road.

What does it take to get them to step up to the mark?? Could we close the road to through traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

The Council is broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Council actually has taken over the main chunk of this road afaik...

Just to the first 2 roundabouts either side is still Charlesland responsibility.

Advertisement