Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor insulation

• 07-10-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get outdoor insulation.

I have a gas fire but I don't have a chimney as such. it runs out along the sitting room and out through the front of the house but a small part as expose but basically part of it is covered by decking and thus causing a draft to come in. I wondering can I get some insulation to place inside the decking to try and stop the draft?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

that sounds like the flue.

you might need to keep that open as to provide adequate ventilation while operating the gas fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Trampas

it is a flue but i wouldn't be covering the outlets at the front. it is along the sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

is it a class 1 stainless steel flue? if so it shouldnt get too hot so should be able to put fibreglass insulation around it to drop the draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

out of interest how would insulating the flue stop the draft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

from what I understand hes trying to insulate where a hole is where the draft is blowing in or something...

could be wrong tho its sat night and a few too many magners :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Trampas

don't even use the fire.

Advertisement