Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the western city boundary?

Options
  • 07-10-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi

Checked out the city council website and googled this and none the wiser. Any one know for certain where the western city boundary is? Specifically I'm trying to find out if the development on the old tennis village site (Eden Hall) on the Model Farm Road is within the city boundary?

Cheers

Max :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

As far as I know that is in the county. City ends at junction of Model Farm Road and Rossa Avenue/Melbourne Road I think.

Edit : never mind...I was wrong as pointed out below.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I found this, on the last page it has a map with the current and proposed boundaries. The map image is pretty small but maybe it's useful to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

The old Tennis Village is in the City as the City/County boundary runs along the stream under the Carrigrohane Bridge. See attached map taken from Cork County Council's Planning Enquiry System

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

FTGFOP wrote: »
    I found this, on the last page it has a map with the current and proposed boundaries. The map image is pretty small but maybe it's useful to you.

Thats a massive proposed expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I got this from the ordnance survey website, I put the boundary on it myself, it follows the Twopot river. I got it from the Cork Street Map 4 th Edition 2009 1:15000

Check the image attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Cheers guys. Much appreciated. Gawd, I love boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

murphym7 wrote: »
    Thats a massive proposed expansion.

No kidding, to go from 4k hectares to 20k! The document's from 2006 though, and we haven't heard anything about it since, so we can probably take it as a non-runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tomandjerry

The Eden Hall complex is in the City Council area- was involved in a business there in the past so am verry sure of the status

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

Inchigaggin Bridge was always seen as the boundary and that is below what is now called 'Eden Hall'.

Advertisement