Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geographical Investigation 2011

• 07-10-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Here's the 2011 Topics:

1.Geomorphic processes of transportation and/or deposition in a fluvial or coastal environment.

2.Human interaction with the geomorphic processes in a glacial or coastal or fluvial or karst environment.

3. A study of how land-use affects traffic flow patterns in a local area.

4. Analysis of a waste management strategy in a local area.

5. Fifty years of population – a local demographic study.

6.The changing economic landscape in a rural or urban setting.

(Source:http://www.examinations.ie/schools/LC_Geography_Prescribed_List_Of_Investigation_Topics_2011.pdf)

I did Geography last year so I've good experience of the Investigation. I got an A1 in Geography and did a project on coastal activity. It was a great project, loads to write and loads to do on the day. We did it through an outdoor education centre and it was really well-organised; rptating different jobs, taking pictures, sketching, doing tests.

Anyway, I'm repeating in a different school this year and our teacher has chosen #3. I'm bricking it, mainly because it seems so wishy-washy compared to a physical Geography topic (to me anyway). I've seriously considered approaching my old school to see if I could do physical-based one with them this year and get them to sign off on it. I'm really stressing out about this project: I need an A1 in Geography again this year and everything about this project seems so uncertain. We're going to do traffic counts and survey people coming in and out of the town; it just doesn't seem like a geographical investigation to me!

Has anyone done this before? Is it okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Has anyone ever done a project different to their class?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JBratten

This year I am completing deposition in a river. Any suggestions for the planning section apart from the usual, viewed O.S. Maps, looked at equipment etc. Also what headings are people using in "gathering of information".

Advertisement