Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microdermal implants

Options
  • 07-10-2010 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi,
    I'm looking to get 3 microdermals on my chest, can anybody give me some advice on where I can go between Cork and Dublin (either one or the other not anywhere in the middle)?
    Does anybody have any?
    What do you do if you have to get x-rays??
    I know i sound silly, but i guess it's normal to have some questions...they are permanent!

thanks anybody if I get any answers.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Haven't been on here in months...time to come back maybe...

I have 5 on my chest - I have had 8 done in total (not all together) - one started to reject after about 9 months so I took it out, and the other 2 actually fell out in my sleep. The ones I have now are fairly stable though. I have also had a combination of skin divers and MD's and find that they are as good as each other - personally I don't have a preference, except that skin divers appear to leave less of a scar. The longest I've had them is 2 years - and they are still going strong.

No idea sorry about x-rays - I have had surgery but just put plasters over them and nothing was said about taking them out - I did make the nurses etc aware that I had them.

Personally I recommend BodyShock in Temple Bar - either there or Snakebite.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

The only problem you will encounter with an x-ray or CAT scan is that a small piece approx 6x2mm will be hidden by the jewellery. There are no other risks involved. Providing the piercer you choose uses titanium micros, please check and don't assume they do, then they won't pose any risk during MRI's. Glass, titanium and bio-plasty are fine to leave in during MRI's most other materials aren't. You're piercer should be able to discuss all the pro's and con's with you, if they can't answer your questions honestly, then walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Darkdream

Perfect!!
    do you think any of you could get me an address or a website, don't know if i should book an appointment maybe..

The only problem you will encounter with an x-ray or CAT scan is that a small piece approx 6x2mm will be hidden by the jewellery. There are no other risks involved. Providing the piercer you choose uses titanium micros, please check and don't assume they do, then they won't pose any risk during MRI's. Glass, titanium and bio-plasty are fine to leave in during MRI's most other materials aren't. You're piercer should be able to discuss all the pro's and con's with you, if they can't answer your questions honestly, then walk away.

What do you think is better, skin divers or MD?
    I plan to get them on my chest (cleveage but not too low)
    Do you think they can be done all the same day?
    any idea about prices..

wow..i can't wait!!!!

Haven't been on here in months...time to come back maybe...

I have 5 on my chest - I have had 8 done in total (not all together) - one started to reject after about 9 months so I took it out, and the other 2 actually fell out in my sleep. The ones I have now are fairly stable though. I have also had a combination of skin divers and MD's and find that they are as good as each other - personally I don't have a preference, except that skin divers appear to leave less of a scar. The longest I've had them is 2 years - and they are still going strong.

No idea sorry about x-rays - I have had surgery but just put plasters over them and nothing was said about taking them out - I did make the nurses etc aware that I had them.

Personally I recommend BodyShock in Temple Bar - either there or Snakebite.

stupid question I know, did they hurt more than other piercings?

• Advertisement

Darkdream wrote: »
    Shouldn't do. I haven't got any myself but going by customer feedback they say they're less painful than a surface piercing.

Shouldn't do. I haven't got any myself but going by customer feedback they say they're less painful than a surface piercing.

mmhh..what about compared to regular piercing lips tongue etc??

I agree that they are less painful than a surface piercing. I found that mine felt more like pressure than an actual piercing. I've had my nape and hips done as surface piercings and they all hurt like a b!tch.

Although...just thinking back...the one in the centre of my chest did hurt, but I think that's because it's basically skin over bone. The others were fine and dandy.

I agree that they are less painful than a surface piercing. I found that mine felt more like pressure than an actual piercing. I've had my nape and hips done as surface piercings and they all hurt like a b!tch.

Although...just thinking back...the one in the centre of my chest did hurt, but I think that's because it's basically skin over bone. The others were fine and dandy.

OK,your getting me worried here..i already have 9 piercings..should i be worried that its gonna be this major trauma getting three at the same time?

OK,your getting me worried here..i already have 9 piercings..should i be worried that its gonna be this major trauma getting three at the same time?

I had four done at once when I first had them done. (I like being symmetrical and so I got 2 on either side). I had no problems with them. I then got a further 2 done with skin divers - again no problems, and then the one in the centre of my chest done by itself (twice).

Personally I wasn't affected by it, but talk to your piercer (when you choose one). My piercer has done a large number of piercings on me over the years and so felt that it would be OK...which it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 amanda1511

Hi,
    Im just wondering if anyone could help me.
    I recently got a Microdermal implant (anchor) under my eye. The piercing shop I went to was not the best and a month later when I went to another piercing shop to get the diamond changed they told me it was infected and I could go blind if the infection spreads up to my eye!!!
    They said they always refuse to do microdermal implants because they do NOT ever heal and I will be left with a horrible scar on my face. They said I must get it removed because the longer it stays there the more scar tissue will form so I will eventually be left with more of a scar.
    They sent me to the doctor and I was put on antibiotics to clear the infection.
    Now that the infection is gone I am taking such good care of it cleaning it properly every day.
    The infection was never noticeable , it was just a little red around the implant.
    I know of two people with it done and theirs seem to be fine, im just wondering if I was to take really good care of it and be very careful with it would it still not heal?
    I was supposed to go back into them as soon as the infection was cleared to get the implant removed, but being young and stubborn im avoiding it because its not infected at present so why would I take it out!!!
    I know the logical thing is to take it out and I am stupid keeping it in, im just wondering can it heal still if I take really good care of it because it seems
    to be healing now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

only reason it is healing is due to the anti biotics, personally i'd take their advice and get it taken out but that's just me and like being able to see :)

Hi all, why should she take it off if it's fine now??
    Mine seem to have healed, how can you tell they where infected under the piercing??

amanda1511 wrote: »
    when I went to another piercing shop to get the diamond changed they told me it was infected They said they always refuse to do microdermal implants because they do NOT ever heal
    If a studio doesn't do Micro's then they wouldn't be high on my list of places to go to for advice re same.
    Micros do heal....if done properly. There have been threads here regarding piercings of all kinds not healing and rejecting. For every 1 person who talks about a failed piercing there is someone else to rave about how well theirs has done. Micros are no different.
    If your piercing appears to be healed then my advice would be to find a reputable piercer who does insert microdermals and ask their advice in person. They will tell you whether it needs removing or not.If it does have to come out, then pay careful attention to the aftercare advice you will be given as this can go a long way to minimising the subsequent scar.

If a studio doesn't do Micro's then they wouldn't be high on my list of places to go to for advice re same.
    Micros do heal....if done properly. There have been threads here regarding piercings of all kinds not healing and rejecting. For every 1 person who talks about a failed piercing there is someone else to rave about how well theirs has done. Micros are no different.
    If your piercing appears to be healed then my advice would be to find a reputable piercer who does insert microdermals and ask their advice in person. They will tell you whether it needs removing or not.If it does have to come out, then pay careful attention to the aftercare advice you will be given as this can go a long way to minimising the subsequent scar.

Hey..how are you. I don't remember if I told you already, I got mine done and they are looking fab!!!
    :)
    thanks for all the help you gave me.

Glad it worked out for you and happy I could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I found that it hurt less. I have one on my temple. I was in a lot more pain when I had my rook and tragus. It healed a lot quicker as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Hi all! I got a dermal on my little finger on my left hand..I loved it and it was healing really well until I damaged my right arm and was left doing everything by left arm/hand such as puttin turf in the fire which ultimately resulted in my dermal getting caught for the first time and ripping it half out! My piercer soaked the skin around it in solution and was able to put it back in when the skin softened but she said it probably wont heal after it being upset so badly! She was right it got very painful and didnt heal so I had it removed. I have still a small red patch on my finger but I have being using bio oil to make sure it doesnt scar and it seems to be working! I have since got my dermal in my wrist and I cover it at night to prevent it catching! Its healing very well! :)

Advertisement