Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 5 thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This is where the likes of twitter is fantastic

Henie has been warming up on the sidelines for the past few minutes

I think we'll see him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Both Dwayne Bowe and Matt Cassel are having horrorshows in Indy. Brutal game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Both Dwayne Bowe and Matt Cassel are having horrorshows in Indy. Brutal game.

Derek Anderson 2.0

Anderson was a RB for the Cardinals

Sorry, I'm not seeing the comparison to Cassell

edit, ah ReacherCreature has solved the mystery

Damien Anderson 2.0

Derek Anderson?

• Advertisement

Anderson was a RB for the Cardinals

Sorry, I'm not seeing the comparison to Cassell

edit, ah ReacherCreature has solved the mystery

Both can't throw the football. ;)
    Derek Anderson?

Yep, that's the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Another Bucs turnover. Fumble from a Kick Return. Now 14-13 up, but Bengals in FG range at least. Beating ourselves really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Another Bucs turnover. Fumble from a Kick Return. Now 14-13 up, but Bengals in FG range at least. Beating ourselves really.

21-14 now, touchdown and 2 point conversion successful. That is 3 touchdown passes for Palmer now if you count the interception ;)

Finally Colts score a touchdown. Took them 'till 5 minutes left in the game.

Damn skins just missed a field goal to tie up the game against the Packers (although it was a 51 yard field goal) :(

• Advertisement

10 points down and only a few minutes left and the chiefs are happy to run draw plays and check downs to their RB in the middle of the field, horrible play-calling by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

10 points down and only a few minutes left and the chiefs are happy to run draw plays and check downs to their RB in the middle of the field, horrible play-calling by them.

its the same in the denver game pretty much, only we were doing it all game and while down 17+ at times.... god, what a mess

Kyle Orton actually is God... now if only we could make those sort of plays outside the 2 min offence....

Damn skins just missed a field goal to tie up the game against the Packers (although it was a 51 yard field goal) :(

But Gano nails one on the next drive :D All square and looks like the game is heading to OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

spiralism wrote: »
    its the same in the denver game pretty much, only we were doing it all game and while down 17+ at times.... god, what a mess

Its because Orton isn't the type of QB to go out and sling it long. He has a weak arm. Denver will struggle to make comebacks at the best of times but against the Ravens D, very tough.

Packers-Skins going down to the wire...

Bills denied again, we played hard though. R Fitz is as serviceable a QB as they come.

And as I say it Orton pings one long, I stand by what I said though...:D

themont85 wrote: »
    Its because Orton isn't the type of QB to go out and sling it long. He has a weak arm. Denver will struggle to make comebacks at the best of times but against the Ravens D, very tough.

Packers-Skins going down to the wire...

Bills denied again, we played hard though. R Fitz is as serviceable a QB as they come.

Uhh.... what?

Ravens giving up two garbage TD's at the end of halfs.

Orton's stats look good this week but they don't tell the story of the game

And both safeties Landry and Zbikowski well beat on both TD's
    Couch Harbaugh is going to lash them for this.

All the same, it was a win
    Bring on the Patriots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

all tied up in DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Redskins Packers going into OT.
    Blah. I thought Mason had kicked that over.

• Advertisement

Crossby hit the post on a 53 yd FG

We have overtime :D

Uhh.... what?

Maybe weak arm was harsh, but he has never shown me that he has the accuracy and touch for deep balls, consistently. May have changed this year admittedly, I haven't seen them play alot.

Bucs tie it up 21-21. But then give up big yardage on the first pass.

Bengals have :52 with 2 timeouts to go 50 yds!

themont85 wrote: »
    Maybe weak arm was harsh, but he has never shown me that he has the accuracy and touch for deep balls, consistently. May have changed this year admittedly, I haven't seen them play alot.

Bit of an understatement, he now leads the league in passing yards, is on pace to break Marino's yardage record and leads the league in plays over 40 yards, he's a HUGELY improved player this year now.

Tied game in Cincy with the bengals with the ball with 0:31 left on ze clock.

Bit of an understatement, he now leads the league in passing yards, is on pace to break Marino's yardage record and leads the league in plays over 40 yards, he's a HUGELY improved player this year now.

He won't break that record.

Credit where credits due, he has improved. Doesn't mean I'm convinced though long term, he always had terrible mechanics for the deep ball.

INT bengals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

McGahee's td tonight was sweet. 4 rushing td's in total. What was that I said about the broncos run d?

I thought he got his feet in. and the zebras agree. FG to win it.

• Advertisement

:O :O :O

21-21. Bengals throw an interception. Tampa run it back. Freeman throws with :15 on the clock. Spurlock catches on the sideline. Challenged. Play Stands. Tampa have a 31 yd FG to win. Barth kicks it.

0:01 on the Clock. Bengals try a few laterals from kickoff and make it up to halfway. But one goes astray.

Bucs win 24-21!

Go Bucs!

Advertisement