Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valdoxan

Options
  • 07-10-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody ever been prescribed this for depression? I got prescribed it the other day, and I'm just curious if anybody has any experiences with it eg. did it help them?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i've been on it for almost a month. so far, nothing at all. no side effects but no positive effects either unfortunately. i was really hoping that this one might be different.
    i will be seeing my psychiatrist this week. he will probably bump it up to 50mg i would imagine and see if that makes any difference.
    maybe it will work for you though. give it some time anyway.
    good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anybody else have any experience??

Doesn't seem to do anything at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

you said on the 7th that you got prescribed it "the other day", which i'd take to mean a few days previously.

so you havent been on it very long

anti-depressants take a few weeks to have a therapeutic benefit

its a frustrating time, taking tablets while feeling they are not doing anything for you, but you need to persevere with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 derw24

fghjkl wrote: »
    Has anybody ever been prescribed this for depression? I got prescribed it the other day, and I'm just curious if anybody has any experiences with it eg. did it help them?
    thanks

Hi I am on it 1 week now for severe depression nothing yet except a little nausea and dizziness but I will stick with it as if it works it is the best around so I wouldn't give up yet as I feel my life actually depends on it

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

i was on it for 2 months lately enough,think it was 20/25 mg,no effects good or bad so just stopped it,was kinda a last shot thing with me and didnt work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

I'm taking it for just over 2 weeks now in addition to effexor and wellbutrin. It was added in to help with sleep as well as depression.
    I have noticed that once I go to sleep I stay asleep whereas before this I would wake a lot.

Depression wise I'm not doing too well. Quite down lately

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

I don't have any experience of it but I've heard that it is supposed to assist with natural sleep rhythms (instead of the benzo haze) - has anyone noticed an improvement in their sleep? More rested? Staying asleep or falling asleep easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

About 3.5 weeks in, and my sleep is brilliant am actually waking up re freshed. Mood wise I am begining to see a change since Thursday-2 days ago, so maybe it takes longer to help with depression.
    Am back to psy this week so will see what he says.

Advertisement