Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you have to watch this guys videos

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I like this mans way of communicating!!

Mis-information and exaggeration seem pretty big with some alright.
    Probably why we have the government we deserve already.

I must say he kind of reminds me of this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU

Yeats is the height of paddy-whackery...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sinsin

meglome wrote: »
    Well it's a monument. Raised to the first Executive Council of the Irish Free State, seems like a good thing to do. I assume this is some sort of Freemasons thing you're suggesting. Someone should let you know about the ancient Egyptians who used the obelisk long before the Freemasons came along. Were the leaders of the Free state even Freemasons?[/QUOTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwbz_ZG7zw/YOUTUBE]

Surpised it was not of Chucullain......probably just a coincidence,,,,,dunno? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

sinsin wrote: »

The earliest Egyptian obelisk is, I believe, from around 2000 BC which is easily three and a half thousand years before the Freemasons came along. Personally it makes a lot more sense for country's to be harking back to ancient Egypt, one of the greatest civilisations in history, rather than assume some connection to a secret society. Interesting that video doesn't show obelisks from other 'non-Masonic' countries, then again it's list of supposed 'Masonic' country's is ridiculous anyway. Oh and an obelisk from London and Paris in the video are actually Egyptian.
    Surpised it was not of Chucullain......probably just a coincidence,,,,,dunno? :confused:

The monument they built seems elegant and very suitable for the setting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sinsin

The earliest Egyptian obelisk is, I believe, from around 2000 BC which is easily three and a half thousand years before the Freemasons came along. Personally it makes a lot more sense for country's to be harking back to ancient Egypt, one of the greatest civilisations in history, rather than assume some connection to a secret society. Interesting that video doesn't show obelisks from other 'non-Masonic' countries, then again it's list of supposed 'Masonic' country's is ridiculous anyway. Oh and an obelisk from London and Paris in the video are actually Egyptian.

The monument they built seems elegant and very suitable for the setting really.

Yes I see......some of the Cumann na nGaedheal leaders must have had an interest in
    egyptology. I did,nt know that......interesting. Thanks.

Yes I see......some of the Cumann na nGaedheal leaders must have had an interest in

Ah yeah! according to the freemason hunters it was probably something to do with the great "illuminati uprising of 1798" . I sh1t you not, google it, some spanner is telling people it happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

studiorat wrote: »
    Mis-information and exaggeration seem pretty big with some alright.
    Probably why we have the government we deserve already.

I must say he kind of reminds me of this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU

Yeats is the height of paddy-whackery...

oh yes I believe every word he says too :rolleyes:

No, he has the right way of communicating, I know a few people like him so take half of it with a pinch of salt. But he has some good idea's.

Well I'm not saying they did. I'm really just making the point that the obelisk is around an awfully long time. The Masons used it because it was an ancient and powerful symbol so why wouldn't our leaders and others do the same.
    Ah yeah! according to the freemason hunters it was probably something to do with the great "illuminati uprising of 1798" . I sh1t you not, google it, some spanner is telling people it happened!

hehe. I'll check it out.

No, he has the right way of communicating, I know a few people like him so take half of it with a pinch of salt. But he has some good idea's.

But he's often just telling people want they want to hear. The irony of that is it's exactly what Fianna Fail have been doing up until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

but what the hell was the thing about imitating bono... that was just a tad bit weird!

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Well I'm not saying they did. I'm really just making the point that the obelisk is around an awfully long time. The Masons used it because it was an ancient and powerful symbol so why wouldn't our leaders and others do the same.

Why wouldn't our supposedly Christian (non-masonic:rolleyes:) leaders build an obelisk to a pagan god?

hmmm.....Answers in the question btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

but what the hell was the thing about imitating bono... that was just a tad bit weird!

stranger than fiction

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64915825

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

What's the CT?

His picture of Leinster house isn't Leinster house at all. The number of super rich and tax exiles do not look like the numbers I've seen before so I suspect they are very inflated. Also maybe someone should point out a few things to him... that 20% of the people pay 70% of the tax, i.e. not the poor people. That a nurse and a guard with a few years experience are the rich in this country with earnings in the 100k range. That the majority of people in this country can be considered elites.

Two entrances to Leinster House, one on Merrion square and one on Kildare Street, the one he has shown is the department of Taoiseach at Merrion Square, haven't fully watched not unless he has put one of somewhere else......

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

This thread is becoming a little boring. Any fresh vids to post ?

loctite wrote: »
    Two entrances to Leinster House, one on Merrion square and one on Kildare Street, the one he has shown is the department of Taoiseach at Merrion Square, haven't fully watched not unless he has put one of somewhere else......

This isn't the main issue I have with what he says. But he uses a picture of Government Buildings/Dept of the Taoiseach and says it's Leinster house. These two buildings were built 150 years apart and the Government buildings has nothing to do with the Duke of Leinster whatsoever. Yes of course they are near one another but he's still a making point showing a completely different building. He then defends the fact and admits he knew it was a different building. Doesn't say much for his truthfulness.

So you don't believe every word he says but still think he has the right way of communicating fair enough.

He hasn't got any ideas, that's the thing, it's standard class struggle bollox that's 150 years old at this stage.

Why wouldn't our supposedly Christian (non-masonic:rolleyes:) leaders build an obelisk to a pagan god?

hmmm.....Answers in the question btw.

Michael Collins is a pagan god now?

I love this forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Michael Collins is a pagan god now?

He's a god compared to Dev!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I love this forum...

I love it too.

Last year I logged into this forum the main topic was swine flu . I log in a year later and the same amadans with their facts and figures (Who were BTW completly wrong about swine flu) still forcing their viewpoint at people.

I think JByeats flawed as his argument may be ( and he does make mistakes) is putting himself out there making himself accountable for his views ,his videos are out there ,everybody knows what he looks like. He could be potentially endangering himself in his actions which is a hell of a lot more than you keyboard pussies are doing .

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

What does he say?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

What does he say?

Two minutes into a 8 minute speech and he wants a election and to crush "these people"

What he wants is a script editor.

• Advertisement

BumbleB wrote: »
    He could be potentially endangering himself in his actions which is a hell of a lot more than you keyboard pussies are doing .

That's a load of bollocks, endangering himself from who? Some other internet loon? I tackled that pr1ck via email about his threats to me. He came back with a load of hard man bullsh1t about growing up in West Belfast. Great, just what we need another West Belfast inbred telling people how they should live their lives. Have we not had enough of them already?

Any anyone who actually thinks his name is JB yeats needs to pay more attention in school.

Di0genes wrote: »
    Two minutes into a 8 minute speech and he wants a election and to crush "these people"

What he wants is a script editor.

I look forward to your video.

That's a load of bollocks, endangering himself from who? Some other internet loon? I tackled that pr1ck via email about his threats to me. He came back with a load of hard man bullsh1t about growing up in West Belfast. Great, just what we need another West Belfast inbred telling people how they should live their lives. Have we not had enough of them already?

Any anyone who actually thinks his name is JB yeats needs to pay more attention in school.

Why are you so threatened by him?

You brought the fight to him, you've insulted him from your first post, you even take exception to him being from the North ( and still make reference to it).

You should be careful. This isn't a CT, you could probably be done for libel.

then you start hassling him by email. What do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Lads I am on the verge of closing this thread

There has been very little if any discussion of the content of these videos in the last few pages and not much that relates to CT

Unless anyone can come up with a good reason not to I will close it later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

I look forward to your video.

Why? As I mentioned previously video blogs are nothing more than one sided rants that don't allow discussion to progress forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Close the thread please !!!
    Pack of children can't even talk without attacking one another.
    The usual suspects win again, good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

digme wrote: »
    Close the thread please !!!
    Pack of children can't even talk without attacking one another.
    The usual suspects win again, good job.
    Oh the irony.

Seriously:

Discuss video = Yes
    Insult each other and video author = No

It's not rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

humanji wrote: »
    Oh the irony.

Seriously:

Discuss video = Yes
    Insult each other and video author = No

It's not rocket science.
    I opened the thread and i see no reason why it should remain open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

You mean not everyone on the internet goes by their actual name? :eek:

I think the real irony is the depth of support he has on the thread here possibly does indicate the certain level of puerility on boards.ie that apparently he's been talking about. Some of the posts on this thread certainly indicates that people are willing to un-questioningly buy into the cliches that JBYeats spews forth whether they are factually correct or not.

There's no evidence of this - he is a commentator who many enjoy listening to and yes, in many cases, agree with. You seem hell-bent on tarring anyone who likes JB's posts as unquestioning fools.

• Advertisement

This isn't the main issue I have with what he says. But he uses a picture of Government Buildings/Dept of the Taoiseach and says it's Leinster house. These two buildings were built 150 years apart and the Government buildings has nothing to do with the Duke of Leinster whatsoever. Yes of course they are near one another but he's still a making point showing a completely different building. He then defends the fact and admits he knew it was a different building. Doesn't say much for his truthfulness.

Dear jeebus are you still harping on about this? Hardly a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Locked by OP request .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement