Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batistuta or Shearer?

• 07-10-2010 11:02pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Might as well put this one up for the hell of it. For me these two were amongst the best centre-forwards of the nineties, plying their trade with less fashionable clubs and underperforming national sides. Two men that would nearly always nab you a goal when you needed one and a hat-trick when you didn't.

It's a hard one to call for me but I'm leaning towards Batigol, although that may just be because he always seemed a more likeable chap.

Shearer or Batistuta 9 votes

Shearer
    0%
    Batistuta
    100%
    Beekayctrl-alt-deleteDuffPeyton ManningThat_Guyeagle eyeKrusaderBOHtoxBig Pussy Bonpensiero 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Batistuta for me, he had a better all round quality I think then Shearer, only by a small amount though,neither had the ability to blow defenders away with blistering pace but the rest of their game was exceptional, great finishers, both had a cannon of a right leg, both were very good in the air.

Batigol for me here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I'd take Batistuta here. He had the most powerful shot I have ever seen. Some of his goals are just pure class. No messin, just shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Batistuta
    Shearer for me. Just being biased though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Batigol but a good contest.

Very similar careers in a way, both spent the majority of their time at clubs where making the champions league places would be an excellant achievment so in a way they where sort of playing below the standard that they're abilities deserved.
    I choose Batigol because he had a superb record in a league that was the best in Europe at the time and there was some fantastic defenses at the likes of Milan, Parma and juventus during the nineties thus making his record all the more impressive. Also his celebrations where infinately better than Shearer stupid hand in the air one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Batistuta, not much between them though

• Advertisement
Advertisement