Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre slashing in charlesland park

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

This happening to anyone else? Woke up this morning to find one of the tyres on my car done in. CCTV could be the order of the day. Sad when it has to come to this.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Haven't heard of this happening before. Were the Gardai not able to tell you if this had happened to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Charleslando

3 or 4 cars had tyres slashed Friday night 2 weeks ago near the top of the park.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

our neighbour had 2 tyres on their car done a couple of weeks ago. it's bad when this is happening. Must be riff raff from neighbouring estates

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Must be riff raff from neighbouring estates

Without a doubt :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭jc1980

Wonder if theres any reason behind it or is it just mindless vandalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

jc1980 wrote: »
    Wonder if theres any reason behind it or is it just mindless vandalism.

Mindless vandalism i'd say. I've had stones thrown at my car while driving past a nearby petrol station before. I'm sure people can guess where this was...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Decks79

Where is this bad estate everyone is talking about?? Honestly, i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Me either! have asked before and no one answered and what petrol station?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

It was in the Bray People this week regarding kids throwing items (eggs and apples I think) at cars near the Petrol Station in Kilcoole. Gardai were called I think. Ican't wait for Halloween!!! :P

Re the tyre slashing...were the Gardai called/notified?

yeah cops and management company informed, if this happens to anyone else it cud be a good idea to report it also, in the hope that something is done.

Also earlier this week, Monday night, some idiot out of his mind staggering about outside, fell over onto the ground,unable to move,he was arrested eventually.

Things not looking good up this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

our neighbour had 2 tyres on their car done a couple of weeks ago. it's bad when this is happening. Must be riff raff from neighbouring estates

Where are the facts to substantiate your general statement. Do riff raff live in Eden Gate, The Burnaby, Burnaby Woods, Burnaby Mill, Burnaby Lawns, Mill Brook or even Charlesland ?

Dont understand why these kind of posts are allowed on the board, I think its so unfair and anytime posters are asked to be more specific, never an answer - so one wonders what kind of people are behind the statement in the first place. There is decent people and not so decent people in every estate in the Country and statements like the above certainly does'nt come under decent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The Guide wrote: »
    Dont understand why these kind of posts are allowed on the board, I think its so unfair and anytime posters are asked to be more specific, never an answer - so one wonders what kind of people are behind the statement in the first place. There is decent people and not so decent people in every estate in the Country and statements like the above certainly does'nt come under decent to me.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion good or bad. Some are poor but they are still an opinion.

Fair enough, proves my point though dont you think, everywhere has decent and not so decent people, so why should here be any different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Decks79 wrote: »
    Where is this bad estate everyone is talking about?? Honestly, i dont know.
    Go for a walk along the nice landscaped path along the river.
    Cross river on concrete stepping stone barrels. Once across the border, carry on a bit further and look around. Last time I went across, around 15 teenagers were taking turns at galloping a horse bareback ("jockeying" I believe is the correct terminology) up and down the road.
    Nothing wrong with that as such, but lets not pretend you would see that anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

recedite wrote: »
    Cross river on concrete stepping stone barrels. Once across the border, carry on a bit further and look around. Last time I went across, around 15 teenagers were taking turns at galloping a horse bareback ("jockeying" I believe is the correct terminology) up and down the road.
    Nothing wrong with that as such, but lets not pretend you would see that anywhere.
    and? are they slashing tyres because they are riding horses?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Hope that border you are talking about is the border of the river, cause if not then I just feel sorry for you, a mentality like that will only come back and bite you some day, as the saying goes 'What goes around, comes around'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

There are certain areas around the country where crime, drugs and jockeying horses are commonplace. But lets not draw hasty conclusions. That does not necessarily mean the horses cause bad behaviour on the part of humans, nor can that theory be ruled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

3 or 4 cars had tyres slashed Friday night 2 weeks ago near the top of the park.:mad:

Curious as to how you know 3 or 4 cars were slashed? did all of the people that it happened to tell you abou it? I live in the park and have heard nothing at all of this happening to anyone. I think its odd your only 2 posts to boards are about tyre slashing and some drunkard being arrested....

I also think this thread is going in the wrong direction, if there has been vandalism done to anyones cars, then the Gardai can deal with it, no point speculating about here to no end.

Firstly, its not speculation, its fact as I've already said it was reported to the police and management company.
    Secondly, How do i know? I live there and i know the people who had their tyres slashed.
    Is that enough to satisfy your curiosity?
    Thirdly, I thought it was a good idea to report other incidents like the OP had as I think that people in the area should be made aware of whats going on and maybe be more vigilant, so I set up an account to do so when i saw the original post. Actually I don't think its any of your business what my posting history is either, in fact I think you're probably just a troll with nothing better to do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There are certain areas around the country where crime, drugs and jockeying horses are commonplace. But lets not draw hasty conclusions. That does not necessarily mean the horses cause bad behaviour on the part of humans, nor can that theory be ruled out.
    so why mention it?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Careful, you can't post anything negative about Charlesland on here without the thought police jumping on you.

It's the council estate folks are pointing fingers at I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Where's the council estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Not commenting further in that. Take a walk and you will find it has previous posters have stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This thread seems to have taken the place of the last thread "Charlesland going downhill rapidly"

The advice from the first few posts is to report any damage to the Gardí and management company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement