Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin v's Dunboyne

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Have got a new job (hurrah!) in Meath

considering either Dunshaughlin or Dunboyne as a base.

Dunboyne seems to be a bit bigger than Dunshaughlin no?

As far as things to do are concerned: which has more options?

Im not much of a pub goer but as a single guy in Ireland I would like to meet some single gals and the pub is usually a good start. Again, more options in Dunboyne or Dunshaughlin?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dunboyne of course has the train and Dublin Bus link into town, so if you want to be able to head into town on a regular basis, it would have to be Dunboyne.

Where's the job (roughly)? Not sure what Dunshaughlin is like now traffic-wise with the M3, but Dunboyne can get busy at school time - might be worth considering depending on where you work and what time you'd be passing through Dunboyne at.

Plenty of choice for buying and renting in both I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I'd say if your young free and single I'd probably consider Dunboyne. With the buses and trains it gives better access for the trains. It is also near Maynooth which is great for a night out.

You could consider Ratoath. I think it has a bit more social activity than Dunshaughlin.

Congrats on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Def do not move to Dunshaughlin if you are looking for nightlife, because there is none.
    Im living here nearly 4 years and i rarely go out in it as its so bad.

Im lucky i work in Maynooth and have friends living there so go out there.

Wheres the job? What about Navan? Much more happening down there or is it too far?
    I would def recommend Dunboyne over Dunshaughlin and would recommend Maynooth over both if thats an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Job is in Clonee

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

leblanc wrote: »
    Job is in Clonee

Dunboyne then, no question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

leblanc wrote: »
    Job is in Clonee

Do you drive? If so i would really consider Maynooth, even over Dunboyne. It would only be about 15 mins drive to Clonee and its a much busier town with a lot more going on in it and facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I would pick Dunboyne also!!

Nothing in Dunshaughlin plus the folks are friendlier in Dunboyne :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

i moved to Dunboyne 6 years ago as Mrs Wac lived there...best move ever !! There is really only one 'sigles' bar, if you get me, O'Dwyers...other pubs are very quite. Then you could head up the the night club in Dunboyne Castle !! alot of people from surrounding areas go there. Great little village, very frendly. Would feel 100% safe walking home at night and then clonee is a 3 min drive away!! lucky you !! let me know if you need to know anything else :)

Advertisement