Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me with Flashget - it works great until I pause ...

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

I use flashget (1.73) with Rapidshare. I've been using it for about a year and a half and never a problem. Now suddenly over the last week the following problem has developed -

I'll be downloading something and it will be going perfectly as usual. Say I pause it however for even a minute. When I go to resume the files fail (an x comes up beside them). If I delete them, download them again and let them run all the way through without pausing, they download perfectly. Anyone know why this is?! I have not changed anything.

I tried upgrading flashget to the new version (3.0 or something), but it was awful so got rid of it.

Any idea of what I can do?! Windows Vista here by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

If you have a RS premium account downloads are resumable but I don't think they are for free downloads. I use JDownloader and find it pretty good and it's free although you have to install Java to use it. You can get it here:
    http://jdownloader.org/home/index

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

oisin wrote: »
    If you have a RS premium account downloads are resumable but I don't think they are for free downloads. I use JDownloader and find it pretty good and it's free although you have to install Java to use it. You can get it here:
    http://jdownloader.org/home/index

Yeah I have one. Reinstalled it and has started working again, thanks for response anyway might try that out as alternative!

Advertisement