Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University Hospital Galway

Options
  • 08-10-2010 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hey! I'm just wondering if someone can help me, i need to drive to this hospital in the morning, and am not familiar with Galway at all. I will be coming from Athlone direction, and would prefer to avoid going through the city.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Hey! I'm just wondering if someone can help me, i need to drive to this hospital in the morning, and am not familiar with Galway at all. I will be coming from Athlone direction, and would prefer to avoid going through the city.

Can anyone help?

You pretty much have to go through the city - but it's mainly dual carriageway the whole way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I'm posting from a mobile so can't post a link to a map but I can tell you that there are now 'UHG' and 'H' (hospital symbols) on signs at most, if not all, junctions when you are driving across the city from Athlone direction.

Hopefully someone else will post a link from google maps with directions and you could look at streetview to familiarise yourself with what the area around the hospital looks like so you don't drive past it!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

ok when you get to the end of the motorway take the second exit (right turn) signposted galway city west i think.

Then go straight through 3 roundabouts, all dual carraigeway roads

At the 4th roundabout take the second exit (left turn) still dual carraigeway.

Coming to the next roundabout stay in the middle or right lane and take the 4th exit (right Turn) still dualcarrige way.

Stay on this road and go straight through a set of traffic lights at the next round about take the second exit to enter the hospital through a pair of gates. This is the back of the hospitial but probably the easiest way to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Make sure you set off early so you can arrive well in advance if you are going there for an appointment. Its often very difficult to get parking in UHG, you could spend an hour looking for a space sometimes, particularly where there are big clinics on.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Turn right at the large roundabout at the end of the M6. Then just follow signs for the N59 Cliften until you get to the end of the bridge where you'll turn left and then you'll hit the hospital on that road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement