Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbery in Cleaboy

• 08-10-2010 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Just seen a post on facebook that the chipper up in the cleaboy was robbed by gunpoint earlier. Anyone witness it? What happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Yeah they made off with a bag of chips, two battered sausage and my onion rings. The b*stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Its the first i heard of it now.

Is it true?

Robbing a chipper, not exactly high class crime, and what kind of money would you get out of the till, im guessing at most around 400 - 500euro.

Guns are on the rise though all over ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I was wondering what was going on. I was driving my friends car on the cleaboy road, the cops came tearing up behind with blue flashing lights ( I thought I was in for it, the car is a bit on the low side )

Interesting to note there was an unmarked squad car parked in the social centre up the road from it just sitting there at nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

yeah they got about 700. xtravision lismore was robbed aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Heard about this after work, i assume nobody got hurt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

kryogen wrote: »
    Heard about this after work, i assume nobody got hurt?

Leaving yourself defenceless to a "sausage got battered" joke right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

They say the fella that curried out the robbery was fishy looking and well oiled.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus that's awful. I'd know the lads in there fairly well from it being my local chipper for about ten years. Hopefully they're all ok. Any idea of the time it happened?

Doubt they'll be open later on so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That really is worrying, like the lads said it's a real sign of the times when people risk what 7 or 10 years for the kind of money you'd get on the dole in 3 weeks. Hope everyone was ok.

All the best ones are taken but given time of the morning I'll go with ya man must be some "chicken" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If Xtra vision was also knocked over thats 4 robberies in the county that i have heard of in the last 2 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

xtravision lismore was robbed aswell

Do they have it on video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I must admit,

I SERIOUSLY LOL'd at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Haven't been there in about a year, but used to always pop in after work. All the lads there are lovely. Shame some scumbags would do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Cabaal wrote: »
    Do they have it on video?

I'd say it would be on dvd these days!

Advertisement