Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Ireland Meetings

• 08-10-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Broadband Ireland The nationwide roll-out of our new 4G Broadband technology has created an opportunity for anyone to earn an excellent income on a part or full-time basis.

We will be meeting interested people from all over Ireland on:

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

3,500 people per month are moving to this new technology - so now is the time to get involved in this exciting opportunity.

If you would like to attend on any of the above dates email your name and contact number to <SNIP>

Received the above in an e-mail this evening anybody know anything about them or attend would have went to one of them if I knew about them on time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

There's no 4G anywhere in Ireland, not even at 3.9G LTE yet. Marketing crap as as usual.

It looks like those meetings are for door-to-door salespeople positions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

knotknowbody I've edited your post as boards is not giving a company free advertising for door to door salesman for something that likely will never see the light of day and is likely nothing more the a marketing scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Received the above in an e-mail this evening anybody know anything about them or attend would have went to one of them if I knew about them on time.

Sounds like a SPAM mail to me. You should have ignored it, and anyone else that receives the same or similar should also ignore it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

Cabaal wrote: »
    knotknowbody I've edited your post as boards is not giving a company free advertising for door to door salesman for something that likely will never see the light of day and is likely nothing more the a marketing scam.

Yeah no problem, didn't think it would matter posting the times when the meetings were already over, just wanted to try and find out a bit more about it, but as everybody here thinks it's spam, it's probably spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's possibly Imagine's poor "Imagine WiMax". Technically 4G technology, but poor "roll out" concept gives mostly 3G performance. (3.6GHz indoor Nomadic)

http://www.clearwire.ie/
    Imagine has acquired Clearwire Broadband Ireland
    There are various other things called "Broadband Ireland". This is the most likely.
    In that actual 3G/HSPA (Meteor, O2, 3, Vodafone) is similar performance and ACTUALLY Mobile (really handy) and REALLY Nationwide (Clearwire/Imagine have NO national allocation), they are better than Imagine Wimax.

Of course "proper" fixed "real" Broadband (UPC, DSL, Fixed Wireless, Fibre) is better. Even if only 1Mbps!

1Mbps DSL is "Better" than Up To Imagine WiMax or Up To Mobile speeds of 3, 7.2, 14 or even 21Mbps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement