Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Bus to Moneenageisha road?

Options
  • 08-10-2010 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hoping someone on here can help me out!

I need to get our to the financial services place on moneenageisha road but having paid almost 15 for a taxi there today for nothing I can't afford the same again. Is there a bus that goes out there and back into town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

pretty sure any bus going to ballybane mervue dougiska etc will get you within easy walking distance either the stop at wellpark of the top of bohermore

http://www.galwaytransport.info/

link has timetables and maps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Be more specific where you are looking for. I presume its in the Industrial Estate? If so get the Mervue bus (dont know the number but ask anyone with a Galway accent) from across from O Connells pub. It goes every half hour. Check Justmary's site for better info. (Cant remember what thats called either but find somewhere she has posted and follow from there.)
    Edit: yep thats the site Eddie posted B-)

there is a group of offices on moneennageisha road called galway fsc just assumed thats where you meant so a load of buses get you near there but dont think there is a bus stop right at it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Are those the ones beside the ESB sub-station? If so s/he should walk it. Also s/he was screwed by the taxi driver if the fare was 15 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Are those the ones beside the ESB sub-station? If so s/he should walk it. Also s/he was screwed by the taxi driver if the fare was 15 quid.
    Assuming the taxi was from the city centre, which I doubt it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

I'm going to the Galway FSC.

Thanks for response. But can anyone be more specific with bus numbers and where they go from in city centre? I'm new to galway so alot of it is just jibberish to me, completely lost. Don't know o'connells pub and unfortunately I only have mobile internet so some websites won't work for me, for example the transport info one posted above doesn't load right on my phone .(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sure it's only a 20 minute walk from EyreSq.

As irisheddie85 pointed out ballybane, mervue, doughiska, renmore, merlin park buses will get you close.

Firstly not being from galway I wouldn't know how to walk there snubbleste even if it's only 20 mins, and if I had time then I wouldn't be panicking about figuring out how to get out there...I'm in a hurry and have to get there and back between a job interview and college so was hoping someone could give me specific information. The only things I noticed near it were dunnes and a vec. Anyway I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks to the helpful posts.

I'm a she by the way. And I got a taxi from distributor road and back into the city hence the price tag, I was also on a tight schedule yday and had no other option but like I said can't afford that again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Honestly if you are really tight on time i wouldn't trust galway buses. Even for the shortest trips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I know for definite that the 4-E, 8 and 9 buses go by Moneen, there's probably at least 1 more. The bus stops are at the top and side of Eyre Square (obviously not the pedestrianised side) and the numbers are on the top of the shelter's.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

GFSC is number (2) on the Bohermore/Liosbán area map.

This map also tells you what buses you can catch, and where to get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Good luck in your job interview. Any of the buses that stop at The Huntsman will do then you just walk up the hill.

I work in the GFSC, maybe we will be working together :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hey OP,

Was your interview this morning by any chance? Interviews going on in our place!:p

Hi all, thanks for the help! No Tilly, my interview was in town, had to get out to National Irish Bank to pay a bill.

No job success yet :( but hopefully hear from someone soon!

Advertisement