Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cafu or Zanetti

• 08-10-2010 1:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I think this could be a close one. Best right back of the generation?

Best Right Back? 15 votes

Zanetti
    0% 0 votes
    Cafu
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Gary Neville

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Cafu as an all around player, Zanetti as a defensive player.

Cafu has won just about everything there is to win, he was peerless for the majority of his career. Zanetti is a bit of a legend but IMHO cafu edges this one comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Seaneh wrote: »

Cafu has won just about everything there is to win, he was peerless for the majority of his career. Zanetti is a bit of a legend but IMHO cafu edges this one comfortably.

The man is a machine, I'd put my house on the chance that the man is probably running right now.

Some legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Tough one, really difficult. Great shout OP it must be said. While Seaneh mentioned Cafu having won everything, the only difference between the repective trophy csbinets is the World Cup so in club football there records are equal.

It comes down to personal preferences in this one. Some will pick Cafu as they will admire his never ending runs down the flanks, he seemed like a machine at his peak.

But my personal preference is towards Zanetti. Such a versatile player. such a skilful player. Such a class act for both club and country. such a fantastic captain. He just oozes class. I love the player always have. Perhaps that makes me a bit biased but so what.

I think it's a really tough won to call, they've both won a plethora of trophies but I think Zanetti just shades it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Tough one, really difficult. Great shout OP it must be said. While Seaneh mentioned Cafu having won everything, the only difference between the repective trophy csbinets is the World Cup so in club football there records are equal.

It comes down to personal preferences in this one. Some will pick Cafu as they will admire his never ending runs down the flanks, he seemed like a machine at his peak.

But my personal preference is towards Zanetti. Such a versatile player. such a skilful player. Such a class act for both club and country. such a fantastic captain. He just oozes class. I love the player always have. Perhaps that makes me a bit biased but so what.

I think it's a really tough won to call, they've both won a plethora of trophies but I think Zanetti just shades it.
    Ya might say it's...bamboozling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As a RB, Cafu everryday of the week. Zanetti has spent the last few years all around the pitch.

If it was who is the better player I would give it to Zanetti, but as a RB Cafu is the perfect modern day RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

As a fullback, Cafu is unrivalled imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

gavredking wrote: »
    As a RB, Cafu everryday of the week. Zanetti has spent the last few years all around the pitch.

If it was who is the better player I would give it to Zanetti, but as a RB Cafu is the perfect modern day RB.

This.

Zanetti is probably the most versatile footballer I've ever seen. Able to play anywhere across the back or middle with similar competance. But as far as RB go Cafu was a master of the art and I'd just about give it to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seaneh wrote: »

Just sayin.

Also, I'd go Zanetti. but I have a bit of a personal hardon for zanetti ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement