Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport Roundabout

Options
  • 08-10-2010 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't they want to give up trying to make the hedge in the middle of the roundabout look like plane? It didn't look like one 20 years ago, and it looks even worse now. Someones put red and white plastic windows down the side, and they're falling off too. If it hasn't worked in 20 years, it may be time to give up, and put something interesting there, like an old engine, or a large rudder like the have in Shannon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I was renting a van from Thrifty last April and when I got to the airport the guy gave me directions from the airport to Thrifty - he said go through the roundabout with the the plane on it - I honestly could not find a roundabout with a plane on it! Now I know - only because someone pointed it out to me. Its kinda like looking at the stars in the sky and somone trying to make you believe that there is a plough up there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

murphym7 wrote: »
    Its kinda like looking at the stars in the sky and somone trying to make you believe that there is a plough up there!
    ;)
    g_dipper_const_plough.gifBig_Dipper_m.jpg
    Smalls-Plough.jpg

PS That thing on the roundabout is an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

so true, for as long as I've been going up to the airport the growth in the middle of that roundabout has been looking pathetic. Now in recessionary times I dread to ask, how much (in total) has been spent on that thing over the past 10+ years? :eek:

Oh, and I always thought the plough looked more like a saucepan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Perhaps labelling is the issue. If we re-cast it as a green metaphor for the economy?
    BTW, Street view is a fun though it does not seem to include the Industrial Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Does anyone know what the council does with all their Geraniums they use on roundabouts and such during the summer?

Because they've taken them up already, please don't tell me that they dump them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Does anyone know what the council does with all their Geraniums they use on roundabouts and such during the summer?

Because they've taken them up already, please don't tell me that they dump them!

Probably sell them to pay for the upkeep of the aeronautical artistic masterpiece.

Advertisement