Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

camera repair belfast city centre?

• 08-10-2010 4:46am

camera repair belfast city centre?
    hi all. myself and the missus are heading for a weekend in belfast in about a months time. i have a camera with a cracked LCD which i thought i might get repaired while im in town instead of paying an arm and a leg in the rip-off republic. can anyone recommend a good camera repair shop in the city? cant seem to find anything on google.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you do realise ANY decent repair shop/service will take more than an afternoon to repair an LCD screen ....they wont magically drop whatever they are doing to assist you.

Chances are if you find somewhere that does repairs they will book it in and will take a few days.... they may not have that specific LCD screen replacement in stock.

Zerohamster does repairs if you want him to do it - he's based in Dublin....drop him a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Thanks Paddy,

As per what Paddy said, it is very unlikely that any repair outfit will have an LCD screen in stock for the hundreds of cameras in production as it is an unpredictable trend for people to damage the LCD and as a result would be leaving it up to chance to recieve a camera with the very same fault.

what camera is it by the way?

The actually installation of a new screen doesnt take a large amount of time but it is the waiting on parts which I can guarantee to be about at least two weeks from an inspection to make sure the LCD is the only fault.

Any repair outfit big enough to have a large stock of parts for a large range of cameras is also going to have a high volume of repairs meaning that they wont get around to your camera straight away leading to the same waiting time to get your camera.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

PCPhoto wrote: »

Zerohamster does repairs if you want him to do it - he's based in Dublin....drop him a PM.

I just got my lens back from Zerohamster last week end and so far so good.

Would agree with P.CPhoto drop him a pm. Gives a good service

Advertisement