Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera Repair Limerick.

• 08-10-2010 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hello all.. I have a Panasonic Lumix tz6 which i want to get repaired. I think i got sand in it on me hols...
    It takes photos with no problem but when i try to use the zoom, it shuts down with a zoom error message on the screen. the most i get is 2x out a possible 12x...

If anyone knows of any place in Limerick that does repairs it would be a help.

Cheers Dudes.... :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

sand usually destroys cameras - and for the cost of repair its prob slightly more to buy a new camera.

most repair places will charge €150-200 to repair as it would take time to open up each part and remove grains of sand and if required replace individual parts which may be worn due to the sand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

It sounds like you have gotten sand in the gears of the lens mechanism and through use have probably damaged the gears and barrel too much simply be a cleaning operation. If you were to bring it to a repair shot you would probably end up paying what PCphoto said as it would need a new lens mechanism, calibration for the sensor, cleaning of the rest of the sand and generally a good bit of work to make sure left over sand is removed and the fault cannot repait.

Alternatively sand could be just jamming the gear teeth which you would probably hear, can you hear a gritty noise at any time when you zoom or when the camera turns on?

Also on a note of repairs, a camera repair outfit will charge you an inspection fee if impact,sand or suspected water damage are the causes of the fault so that their time is not wasted if the customer decides the repair isnt worth it.

If you were up to it you could try opening the camera carefully yourself and try removing the sand particles from the camera with a brush and a bulb air blower but if you have no experience with opening cameras or other compact electronics you are more likely to further damage the camera or wont be able to get it back together.

there is one more solution, sell it on Ebay with the fault clearly stated and use that money for buying a new one which would probably end up costing less then a repair.

I hope this helps :)

Advertisement