Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Light Users - Caution

• 08-10-2010 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to let customers know who are on the legacy UPC Broadband Light package - its current speeds are 8Mb and costs €29.50 a month - just call UPC and ask them to switch over to the Fibre Power Broadband package which is the same speed (8Mb) and with higher useage allowance, for the reduced price of €25 a month!

This package was ok value previously as it was an old legacy product which continually got upgraded speeds and always sat somewhere between their cheapest and mid tier broadband offering. But now that their lowest tier package has now caught up to speed and is cheaper, its now just a plain scam.

No downgrade fee applies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A new 12 month contract will most likely apply. Something to bear in mind if you're planning to move or change provider in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

mollser wrote: »
    Just wanted to let customers know who are on the legacy UPC Broadband Light package - its current speeds are 8Mb and costs €29.50 a month - just call UPC and ask them to switch over to the Fibre Power Broadband package which is the same speed (8Mb) and with higher useage allowance, for the reduced price of €25 a month!

This package was ok value previously as it was an old legacy product which continually got upgraded speeds and always sat somewhere between their cheapest and mid tier broadband offering. But now that their lowest tier package has now caught up to speed and is cheaper, its now just a plain scam.

Yeh I just done this today. I was going to post it myself. Can you remember the old data allowance by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

mollser wrote: »

Yeh I just done this today. I was going to post it myself. Can you remember the old data allowance by any chance?

Do they have to legally let you know your entering into a new contract?
    I assumed as much. But it was never mentioned to me.

Advertisement