Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2010 squad problem.

Options
  • 08-10-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I'm just in the summer, about to start the 2012/13 season with Swansea. Had a good season, getting to the league cup final and finishing 11th - building my squad for the future, hoping to get into Europa next season.

My problem is, the players I found and have turned into stars keep on getting comments from other managers throughout the season, and now during the transfer window I am getting bids for my starting players - when I decline these bids, the players get unhappy that they cant move.

How do I keep it so that they dont get unhappy when a bid is declined? It is starting to get ridiculous now, with my goalkeeper, LB, 2 CB's, 1 centre mid, RM LM and striker all unhappy about not being able to move. Does this happen frequently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've never had it happen with that many players in one season but it definitely happens!
    Can you not tell them that they can bring the club to the level they want to play at?
    That's how I have settled one or two of my players.
    I've had to sell a couple of more because it was causing bad harmony amongst the squad. Although if the players are good and are going for a good profit, you'll probably be able to find a good or better player to replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

When someone comes and makes you an offer, negotiate and tell them you want 100 million. Usually they'll back off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

In addition to what IvySlayer suggested, set their transfer status asking price to a ridiculous amount and you tend to get less offers to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

IvySlayer wrote: »
    When someone comes and makes you an offer, negotiate and tell them you want 100 million. Usually they'll back off.
    Daemonic wrote: »
    In addition to what IvySlayer suggested, set their transfer status asking price to a ridiculous amount and you tend to get less offers to begin with.

Yea, rejecting a solid bid from a bigger club will upset the player if he wanted to talk to them.

Best thing to do is to offer a new contract, doesnt have to be one that they'd accept.

When you check the offer a few days later, the request to talk to the other club shouldnt be there and you can reject without upsetting the player.

Set the asking price to something you wouldnt refuse, if you get your price then be happy! :D

Advertisement