Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lech valley

Options
  • 08-10-2010 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Looking at booking a holiday to lech valley and we will be staying in lectal but we've been told it's an hour bus in the morning to the ski resort or Warth Schroken! What we want to know is is it worth the journey or are we better off going some where else? Thanks in advance! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Just curious as to why you chose Lech ?

From what i can see on the website there is not a whole lot of skiing to do and you have to travel an hour every morning on top of that, i would forget about it
    !

Personally i prefer to stay in resorts where the town is the at or near the center of the resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

We are organising a trip for 50+ people and initially we had chosen Altenmarkt-Zauchensee.
    We have received a better quote in Lech, however it's factors such as a trip that long each day which is concerning us. We haven't chose yet but need to do so in just over a week so getting peoples opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Personally, I could think of nothing worse than trying to get 50+ Irish people onto a bus each morning of a ski holiday.
    I've tried it with 5 and even that number raised my blood pressure.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

A good deal does not justify a 1 hour journey every day to the slopes, that is time that could be spent on the snow (or pub ;))
    If necessary pay a little more to be near the slopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

loobylou wrote: »
    Personally, I could think of nothing worse than trying to get 50+ Irish people onto a bus each morning of a ski holiday.
    I've tried it with 5 and even that number raised my blood pressure.:(

+1

what if someone wants to sleep in, wants to leave slopes early because sick, injured etc... what about when time to go home, everyone going to turn up at same time for bus... no...

Worst bit though would be the morning...

And, you as organiser will have so much hassle, no point at all bringing that on yourself, you will not enjoy the holiday at all! Stay in a town that is walking distance to lifts, then its not your problem if people want to sleep in or finish early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭prunudo

glanman wrote: »
    +1

And, you as organiser will have so much hassle, no point at all bringing that on yourself, you will not enjoy the holiday at all! Stay in a town that is walking distance to lifts, then its not your problem if people want to sleep in or finish early.

Totally agree with the above, as organiser you will either give people a great holiday or one which they will give you a lot of grief over. At the end of the day its your holiday as much as theirs and you wont want to be listening to moaning 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Concur with the above - trying to co-ordinate transport for that many people is going to be a nightmare and will wreck your head!
    When people are late down off the piste / changing boots etc, hitting the bars apres ski etc. I have been on a few small group holidays where we are all pretty much up for hitting the slopes early but even then delays with one person start to (ahem) snowball and you find yourself losing an hour of ski time just waiting for stragglers.
    If you are tough enough to say be here at ....... for leaving in the morning and returning at night or you make your own arrangements then that could work (and the resultant costs to make that journey would seriously disuade a repeat episode).
    I would go with stumping up a little more to be nearer to the slopes - it will make for a much more relaxed, enjoyabe holiday. This is frm experience - trust me.
    All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Thanks everyone.

safe to say no :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

the hour then got changed to 35 mins, and it was only for advanced skiers, which ment we all had to do the traveling with some of the rest of them (bout 10 in total) while the rest of the group said put...no thanks!!!

Advertisement