Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair Play Johnny Depp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

That's really cool. At the end of the article it asks did you have any memorable visitors to your school? All I got was some Dublin GAA guy and Mary Robinson when she was President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

That's really cool. At the end of the article it asks did you have any memorable visitors to your school? All I got was some Dublin GAA guy and Mary Robinson when she was President.

Mary Robinson was a good one to get. The only 'celebrity' we got was Adi Roche, the Chernobyl disaster campaigner.

I can't remember anyone else 'famous' bothering their hole to visit our crock of a school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,987 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A Jack of all trades ;) you have to love him

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We got John Bruton, the then Taoiseach :rolleyes: He presented our schools annual 'arse lickers awards'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Liam McCarthy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Birneybau wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11493676

Could just be a publicity stunt but a nice one I guess.

It was a publicity stunt, they filmed it and sent the footage to newspapers/news stations.

Still pretty cool for the kids though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Mary Robinson also came to our school, as did Niamh Breathnach, then minister for Education.

Roddy Doyle came to your secondary school. I remember him being really mean to people who asked questions.

Even if it was a publicity stunt, fair play to him. It's awesome for the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

'Oh my God the Sun went out, what happened?'

'Oh Johnny Depp sat down' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 alex4u

whatever it is but i love his way. Very good Mr Depp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

That is such a cute little news story. If only Johnny Depp came to my work and helped me lead a mutiny! :rolleyes:

Advertisement