Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you want?

• 08-10-2010 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭

in a man/woman,

i know similar topics have been done but our local radio station is discussing it and has a poll on facebook today to see what cork women/men want in an other half....

id love to see afterhours take on this, as in the poll most women state they want a guy with a 'good sense of humor'....is this true?

and guys are saying things such as 'knowing the offside rule' 'cooking like mammy' and 'a nice ass'

so after hours what do you want in your ideal woman/man?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

'knowing the offside rule' and 'cooking like mammy' are 2 things I would look for the opposite of in a woman. Country people :rolleyes:

I like intelligence, humour and nice tits (not too big!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

what do you want in your ideal woman?

Me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Good stretchy skin. or sturdy femurs if im making the lamp itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Bones, internal organs, blood. I know it's unimaginative, but hey, I'm a traditionalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Mankyspuds

A heartbeat ticks all the boxes

• Advertisement

soft hands that do dishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i want a women that i can roide senseless when ever i am in the mood and when i am watching football she takes the kids to the playground....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Sense of humour, laid-back attitude (really can't deal with people who get over-excited about everything), intelligent, curious, more man than woman (not into the whole metro thing with men). A sex drive that is actually as big as mine would be nice.

Must love dogs, and must have the same basic values as myself, otherwise I doubt we'd get along.

Oh, and, a nice back is always a nice touch. Don't ask why though. I don't know.

It is absolutely essential that I inspect the quality of their stool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The main prerequisite is......she mustn't be from Cork :eek::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

kfallon wrote: »

ah so you don't have the sense of humor corkwomen seem to think is soooo important! :D:p

corkwomen seem to think is they are soooo important! :D:p

Fixed :p
    *dons tin hat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Hand Jobs on tap

Non-AH answer-

Primarily, intelligence. I dated a girl who asked me if Spamalot (the Monty Python musical) was based on a true story. I knew at that moment, it was over.

A sense of humour is next up. Love dry, sarcastic wit. Somebody I can share those moments where you point and laugh at other people.

Otherwise, a certain amount of nerdiness, in order to put up with the kind of crap I'm into. Generosity of spirit. Not into materialistic bullshit, which is kind of a cliche, pretentious answer, but seriously, I cant really put up with America's Next Top Model, shopping being considered an activity, and things like that. And independence and courage. To do what she wants in life no matter what others think, and to say what she thinks without worrying what others think.

Oh, and a rich father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's number one alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A pulse, preferably.

Though that hasn't stopped me before :pac:

orourkeda wrote: »
    Hand Jobs on tap

Would you not prefer one on your cock?
    Tap fetish....that's a new one even for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I like who I like for any number of reasons.

It's not a shopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A descent ride

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Someone who can listen to the music I do would be nice :P But I'm not too good at defining what I really look for into one list..

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »

Got milk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Personality wise, I can pretty much pin them down based on whether they "get" the likes of Qi, penn & teller, banksy, and whether they like any outdoor activites(ugh, i wish i hadn't seen Step Brothers - I can't say the word 'activities' without picturing that bedroom scene now!).

IMO you can tell exactly what the person is like (religion, politics, interests, intellect, humour etc) based on how they do with the above! After that, they just gotta be aesthetically pleasing, which can be a variety of forms!

Oh, and they also have to like me :).

A descent ride

Hi :p

I defo don't have a checklist for potential partners, just go with the fooking flow......

Hi :p

I defo don't have a checklist for potential partners, just go with the fooking flow......

once she's not from cork of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

A descent ride

I like going down and being gone down on too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

in a man/woman,

i know similar topics have been done but our local radio station is discussing it and has a poll on facebook today to see what cork women/men want in an other half....

id love to see afterhours take on this, as in the poll most women state they want a guy with a 'good sense of humor'....is this true?

and guys are saying things such as 'knowing the offside rule' 'cooking like mammy' and 'a nice ass'

so after hours what do you want in your ideal woman/man?

In a man... nice smile and laugh, nice hands (chewed-off fingernails give me the creeps!) long hair, not skinny, and to quote Blackadder, "hung like a baboon"... ;)

In a woman... cute face, full figure, nice smell.

That's already assumed..... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Birneybau wrote: »

So anywomen that can count to 69 will do you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

stovelid wrote: »

Ticking boxes on a list doesn't mean you are attracted to a person.
    However, I can't say what I want in a person as much as what I don't want.

• Advertisement

A descent ride
    So, like a roller coaster?

Birneybau wrote: »
    Damn, you beat me to it! :D

I think this should be referenced in the spelling thread! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

1. Mute
    2. Good Cook.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Personality. No self centered neurotics. No one who makes a mistake then fobs it off with magical thinking or justification after the fact. Intelligence. No txt speakers. An actual sense of humour. Kindness. Loyalty. No footballists/GAA types. No alcos/potheads. Drugs should be like a condiment to life, not the main course. On that subject... Cooking ability unimportant. I can feed myself :D

Physically. I like thin women. "Curvy" doesn't do it for me. Yo yo dieters to be avoided at all costs. Hair/eye colour or hair length unimportant. Height not so much of an issue. Prefer darker women as a general thing(skin tone wise anyway). Nice bum.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Long black or brunette hair. Very large tits.
    Dresses like a whore....fishnet stockings, tarty platform hooker shoes, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

A snooker table.
    Don't ask me to explain, that would just demean it. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Tbh, the main things I look for in a woman is depth of character and a relaxed laid back attitude to life.
    Nothing puts me off a woman or a person for that matter, like an over inflated opinion of themselves and the need to show this by being rude to perfectly nice people; I cant stand it but it seems to be creeping more and more into the attitudes of young Irish women (and possibly men) today, who need to be rude to people to make themselves feel better.

I also quite like the boobies too:D

I'm not!
    OisinT wrote: »
    So, like a roller coaster?

A man made of metal who goes very fast? Could be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm not!

A man made of metal who goes very fast? Could be interesting

We already have those, they're called vibrators and some may say they're even better than the real thing ;)

liah wrote: »
    We already have those, they're called vibrators and some may say they're even better than the real thing ;)

I'm very very well informed on these items. But mine aren't made of metal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

liah wrote: »

Metal Mickey?

Steely Dan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rust

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    No txt speakers.
    Yeah, agree on the text thing. I don't know what it is, but it seems to be a combination of laziness and lack of intelligence that screams out when someone uses text speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Personality. No self centered neurotics. No one who makes a mistake then fobs it off with magical thinking or justification after the fact. Intelligence. No txt speakers. An actual sense of humour. Kindness. Loyalty. No footballists/GAA types. No alcos/potheads. Drugs should be like a condiment to life, not the main course. On that subject... Cooking ability unimportant. I can feed myself :D

Physically. I like thin women. "Curvy" doesn't do it for me. Yo yo dieters to be avoided at all costs. Hair/eye colour or hair length unimportant. Height not so much of an issue. Prefer darker women as a general thing(skin tone wise anyway). Nice bum.

Ha! Good luck!

In these desperate times I mostly looking for wiry strength in the forearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i like it on the counter..oh wait, what are we doing this time? :confused:

Ruu wrote: »
    i like it on the counter..oh wait, what are we doing this time? :confused:

we're doing you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You're not choosy then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Mature and sensible, but able to do fun, silly things when the time calls for it. Intelligent. Sense of humour. Experimentative. Laid back. Oh, and not crazy is always a plus.

Novella wrote: »
    Oh, and not crazy is always a plus.

ah now a little bit crazy is always a plus! e.g going skinny dipping...in november....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ah now a little bit crazy is always a plus! e.g going skinny dipping...in november....;)

A little crazy is way too much crazy for me. I'd list the skinny dipping under experimentative, and that's all fine and dandy. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement